Saturday, July 9

Serenity: No Longer Making Financial or Relational Decisions Alone (Not Going It Alone Part I) ..7/9/11


My Gratitudes for Saturday:

1. I slept in today. Thank God for rest.
2. It's great hearing from several of you. I enjoy the community, communication and celebrating life, along with the honesty and openness we share with each other.
3. I love my work, my profession. Today, a prospective client wanted my services without paying me. No can do. I'm thankful that I know my boundaries and I exercised my discernment.
I spared myself from doing work that would not have been compensated.
4. I got together with some friends last night. My son Josiah and a friend, A____ came along. It was nice hanging out as a family.
5. I'm thankful for Lynda R. I was at a loss and not thinking straight regarding an issue, today. (Yep, that happens to me, too.) She was sweet to me, and inspiring. I love it when I learn from others!! I'm deeply grateful for the authenticity we shared and for her great wisdom. I better understand how I want to run my business and with what type of people I want to do business with.
6. I met with my fourth new client for this week, yesterday. It was fabulous, intense and fun! But I was pooped, afterwards, my brain had gone crazy with all the possibilities, as to how I can help her with a need she has. I'm glad I took care of myself and slept in this morning.
7. I'm thankful for the joy in my heart, the songs on my lips and the peace of God that I enjoy within my soul and mind.
"Thou wilt give him perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee."          Isaiah 26:3
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A Great Source for Getting Serenity 
No Longer Making Financial and Relational Problems Alone

     Today, I called several friends and received tremendous support. This day as I wrestled with a pressing issue, involving a demanding client, who tried bullying me.  Boy, am I glad I'm not alone. With the help I received, I was reminded that I don't want to work with unkind people. I cancelled what I was doing with this man.

      Was that a relief. No amount of money is worth working with unpleasant people. Being a member of a community is an important part of  my life. I enjoy a strength greater than my wildest dreams, because my life does not depend upon my resources, alone.  I have serenity because I have a supportive others who expand my perspective and share with me their collective wisdom and love.

      I've been transported back to a time, a hundred and fifty years ago, when people were part of a village. I have swum against the stream of the Industrial Revolution. Now,  I no longer make financial or relational decisions alone. Life is a "we" program. We don't succeed in life operating as the Lone Ranger. That was a great TV show, but it is a terrible way to live. We are to welcome the gift that our needs creates. Are needs are God's way of extruding us into relationship with God's Safe People.

          If you want to know more about me, click here. Thank you for dropping by.  I'm grateful for your gratitudes. Follow Kelly's example, please. When she drops by, she usually shares three gratitudes. So, what are yours?  I look forward to hearing them!

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels