Saturday, July 2

Gratitudes from a Rested Innkeeper


        Good evening everyone,

Or, good morning to you early birds, who drop by this inn, as I'm sleeping.  I'm back. Rest, it's wonderful and refreshing. I woke up this morning, exhausted, my mind in cobwebs. I fumbled around throughout the day. I studied, but was tired. At 5:15 p.m., Left Coast time, I took a five hour nap. Wow!  I feel better.  Soon enough, I'll bed down again, I want to keep my body on a reasonable time schedule.

    I had emotionally demanding experiences this week, they are physically exhausting. Typically, I have lots of stamina. Listening to our weary bodies and getting the needed rest serves us in good stead.

My Gratitudes for Saturday:

1. As we approach a patriotic holiday, in the U.S., I'm mindful of the fabulous nation in which we live,
as Americans. Our country has been a source for much good, throughout the world.
2. Those of us who live in America are indebted to the forefathers of this nation.  Many sacrificed their lives, that we may know democracy and freedom.
3. I celebrate the rights and liberties that we Americans enjoy. No critics of this nation can fool us. America remains the greatest nation on earth.Even with our huge national debt.
4. I'll be hearing from friends. I've written several and look forward to their replies. I value their support and their understanding. As a result of my relationship with them, it's easier detaching from those who are unkind.
5. I enjoy each of you who drop by, especially those who post your comments. Doing so, adds to the community we share here.
6.  Earlier this week I spoke with my younger brother.  I'm glad for our visit. It nice knowing someone with whom I share a long, shared history.
7. I'm happy with my life. I'm wealthy beyond all means, and I'm not referring to money.  My future looks good and I'm thankful for my present circumstances. I know God's power, love, and forgiveness; I'm thankful to experientially know God's love for me.  His patience towards me is a gift. I'm a fortunate man.

     Okay, my friends, by now, you probably know  that as the innkeeper I ask you to share three gratitudes you have for this day. Go ahead, give it a try. It will do your gratitude muscles good.

     My vision is that this inn will become a gratitude journal for the cyber community. I'm sure you can think of some things that allow you to be grateful. You contribute to this inn by posting them here. For those of you from other nations, please post yours in your language. I'm sure I'll be able to translate yours into English.

    May you have a great and grateful Sunday,

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels