Monday, July 11

Taking Care of Self, Relationally, Practically and Professionally .... 7/11/11


     Monday. What can I say?

Today was a study day, the type of days I love. A dear friend from Indiana and I briefly visited, it was a start. I invested time writing, developing my craft. This evening, I met with a client; afterwards, I met with others who are building their businesses.  Meeting with them, hearing their tips and successes  motivates me
as I pursue my vision regarding my profession.  I got several offers to work with others, as part of an Action Group,  where we'll support one another with our respective professional goals.  Life is a "we" program. We can't "Lone Ranger" through life and expect positive results.

1. I look forward to Tuesday. I'm  meeting with a client that started seeing me last week. Each new  client provides challenges. They're opportunities that make me rely upon God and my supportive network.
2. I'm thankful for boundaries. It's good knowing people who would exhaust our energy, if we did not know how to detach with love, courtesy and kindness.  They provide an opportunity to practice exercising boundaries, including the word no.

      I'm thinking of friends and ones who I thought were friends who, as they are go through difficult times, think they can unload their frustrations on me.  They also are known as emotional vampires.  I don't accept abuse.  We allow others to mistreat us, when we forget our value as children of God.

3. Tuesday, I heading to Marin County, north of San Francisco. The members there help further my clarity regarding my finances and business. I thank God for growing awareness to these essential parts of my life.

4. I'm talking before a group Wednesday, something I enjoy doing. It allows me to combine my love of research, communicating, and helping others.  The topic will be about the futility of complaining, the need for knowing literature and principles that allow us to overcome problems. I'll speak about creating a better today.

      A commitment I want to make before the denizens of this inn. I want to work out on my gym, tomorrow, in the morning. There, I said it. I've been neglecting care of myself.

        Pray for me, please. I appreciate any said on my behalf.  I'm especially busy completing deadlines.

           Have a great and grateful Tuesday, I'll keep the light on, especially for you.

 
Image: Cumbria: Over Rydal Lake by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

3 comments:

cindyR said...

Greetings Paul, I am navigating the site fairly well! I guess I just needed some prodding and encouragement to get started again! Thanks friend!

Today was a day filled peace for me. I am enjoying the warm weather, my garden, and my family. Life is busy, but in the midst of it all, I find myself being able to relax,knowing the God is directing my steps.

Pablo said...

Welcome back, CindyR,

Good to see you here! Life is good,isn't it?
It's called the "blogger elbow." :-P

I love the flowers and your gratitudes. You actually shared four, possibly five! First time, in this inn, that it has happened. Isn't it terrific,knowing God's loving presence?

How was your son's wedding? What gratitudes do you have about it? How big is your grandchild? I have plenty of catching up to do, with you.

Drop by again!

Anonymous said...

greetings Innkeeper - really appreciate the pace and caring lexicon used in your blog. It promotes a peaceful and thoughtful atmosphere to contemplate challenges and options to address them. It always helps to be reminded that we are Children of God - being humble, grateful loving yet firm regarding our selves and our boundaries is so helpful. I respect and appreciate your discipline to keep the ideas flowing in such graceful and grateful language. Thank you. Lowry

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels