Saturday, July 16

Propelling Past Perfectionism, Procrastination and Paralysis; Not Allowing These Qualities To Stymie My Vision

Opportunity knocked. Today, I opened the door.
      Hi there,

How you be?  Welcome to our new guests from Latvia, thank you for giving this inn a look. Hello to Germany and Malaysia, good seeing you, too.

      Whew, today was a doozy!  I went to bed at 4:20 a.m. this morning and my alarm woke me at 8:04 a.m. Those four extra minutes helped. :->  To a business meeting this morning, I went. The meeting commenced at 9:00 a.m. It was 10 miles away, but I made it there early.

      In the meeting I mentioned I'm starting a writing group----the response was positive.  I believe you'll see some of the results of this writing group in this inn, in the near future. Some of my writings and that of others will grace this inn.  If you would like to add your to this inn, send me your best shot and we'll see. How many of you are crazy enough to do that?? :->

I'm just one molecule in the ocean of life. (Remember that's what Paul means---small.)   I know this place will be enlarged as we hear from others----perhaps that can be you!
      I know I'd be jazzed if we could hear from the international voice of this cyber community. Calling all nations, please send some of your writings to my e-mail.  I'd like to see if we can get some guest bloggers do their thing, here. What d'ya think? 

    As a side bonus, to attending this morning's business two-hour meeting,  I got acquainted with a nice guy that sat next to me. I hadn't met him before. We're getting together next week for lunch or breakfast. He has a doctorate in philosophy. We had fun discussing exegesis, hermeneutics, Brooklyn, Gramercy Park in Manhattan and Nonviolent Communication.

      If you want to know more about the last subject, click on the link. There's much helpful free material to be found, there.  Taking several courses on this subject has transformed how I talk and relate with others, all for the better. It's helped me as a manager, director, father, ex-husband, brother and friend, in addition to allowing me to do a better job in my profession.

      Okay, here's a semi-announcement: it looks like I'll be moving to the Island City of Alameda! I've been working there. I had an emergency session, in this city surrounded by the Bay, this evening. It was rewarding: it's nice when clients see the value of improving their life and are motivated to do so.

       I left home at 8:30 a.m. and didn't return until 9:30 p.m.  I don't always enjoy crowded days, but today, I did. It was all about working on my vision----doing what it took to make it come to fruition.  I don't like change. However, I don't mind improvements. I interviewed people, as I'm making transitions regarding my practice and its direction. Today, my nature would be to procrastinate---I was tired, right?  But no, I pushed, not even feeling my weariness. 
"I can do for 12 hours what would appall me if I were to do it for a lifetime." 
      Today was one of those days where I went beyond my self-imposed limitations. Good for me.   Success doesn't happen if we don't get off our backsides.
"We can't become the person we want to be by remaining the way we are."
I know that's a self-evident truth but it points out our need to go beyond our comfort zone. I'm grateful for my heritage----my passion propelled me past perfectionism, procrastination and paralysis.

       Okay, I'm hitting the sack.  Please let me know your thoughts.

                     The guy from the Left Coast, 


Image:  "Cumbria: Wray Castle"  by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

2 comments:

Kelly said...

A writing group, you say? I think, when I grow up, I will join one of those.

Guest bloggers sound interesting, too.

Who are you waiting to take the bait on that one?

"We can't become the person we want to be by remaining the way we are."

That kind of sums up what is happening within and around me, I think.

Pablo said...

Kelly,

You're welcome to join the group. It would be nice to have someone from Texas.

"Who are you waiting to take the bait on that one?"

You. :->

The mail is coming.......

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels