Wednesday, June 27

One Hour Sleep In Two Days .........6/27/12

       How are the dog day of Summer working out for you?   I'm happy to say that I've been tending to business, keeping myself busy and a bit frazzled. Some mornings have been tense. But I've learned to take life slowly and steadily.
Gratitude is when memory is stored
 in the heart and not in the mind.

Lionel Hampton


       I don't want to be guilty of emotional binges, allowing my feelings to overwhelm me.
**************************
       Lately I've wanted to cycle more than I have.  Unfortunately, I've had the double whammy of
throwing out my back for two weeks and several weeks of difficult sleep. That made it impossible to ride my bike. I'm unable to ride when I'm bone tired.

        The good news is that I went out for eleven miles today. Was it great! I feel better, am happy and more energetic. Can't beat that.

       What I didn't tell you is that yesterday I went a day without sleep. It was no fun.  I was awakened at 2:30 yesterday morning after going to bed at 1:30 a.m.  When I finally dozed off again, it was at 2:30 a.m. this morning, Before falling asleep, my mind and eyes ached.

       They've been doing construction around my house, yesterday and today. The noise is incessant. Not conducive for rest. This morning I slept with great gratitude until 9:30 a.m. this morning. Did it make a difference!
My Gratitudes for Today:
1. My baseball team has been on a tear. They're tied for first place, in their division, the first time this year.
2. I rode my bike. I'm doing a happy dance right now, as I type.  I'm glad I took care of my stress and body by exercising and doing something I enjoy.
3. I met with friends this evening. I spoke up. It felt good. I met someone new tonight, that was nice too.  Fellowship, connection, intimacy, and support were all experienced tonight.
4. I met with someone I mentor today.  The time was intense, positive and productive.  I like the aliveness and awareness we have when we get together.

4 comments:

Marina said...

Thank you for your recent comment (I replied) and for your kind reply to my last comment here - I do always come back, as I know you reply to comments - thank you. I haven't read all of your recent posts, so will catch up now.
I'm glad you got to take care of body and mind. Insomnia is terrible. I never suffered from it for longer periods of time, thankfully, but the last three nights I haven't been able to sleep, as I'm going through a tough time at the moment. I swam 1.6km on two hours' sleep the first day, but the second day I could barely walk!
Hope you get to catch up on sleep!

aileen said...

H1i, Pablo,

Insomnia is no small thing and something I endure frequently due to the period of klife I am in (old!!).

My 3 gratitudes for today, June 27,
Thurs.:

A rich conversation w/my sister about a discovered talent she has and some family history.

A text from antoher sister, a surprise the lifted my heart, as did her email to me on yesterday.

Learning how to be in faith to counter worry and getting better, slowly, surely...

Good night!

Pablo said...

Marina,

I'm sorry to hear about this rough patch of time you are going through. :(

If you want to talk about it confidentially, you can shoot me an e-mail. I'd be happy to support you and give my two cents, but mainly empathy and support.

I was able to catch up on sleep today---Sunday, several days after posting what I wrote above.

I hope you are sleeping better, too. I've replied again to your quote about Delacroix, over at your place. I'd value your response.

Wishing you a week with better sleep,

The Innkeeper :)

Pablo said...

Aileen,

I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem. So, you can empathize what I'm going through.

I'm glad hearing you're connecting and fellowshipping with your family. It's sure nurtures us when we bond with family, doesn't it?

It's good hearing that you are stretching your faith muscles, too. We are as strong as we are spiritually. That's our primary nature. Let me know if I can be of any help, in this area. Have you read my post, "Getting Through the Day?" It gives suggestions.

Here's the link:

http://theattitudeofgratitudeinn.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-still-dead-in-water.html

Here's to you having a great first week in July,

The Innkeeper :)

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels