Friday, June 29

Common Sense When Relating With the Opposite Sex ......................6/29/12

"A friend is one who believes in you when
 you have ceased to believe in yourself." 
 
     Good evening everyone,

Aren't you glad that it's the weekend?  My body is getting a bit more sleep and my mind is very thankful. When I'm deprived of sleep, it affects my enthusiasm, energy and I get
migraine headaches.
    Once again, thanks for posting comments while I've been busy with work. By Sunday evening, if you check where you've posted, you'll see my replies. I've done some already. Often, I ask you guys followup questions.
My Gratitudes for Today: 
1. I'm facing a difficult situation related to work. Fortunately, I'm going easy on myself. Easy does it, I remind myself. I accomplish more when I'm gentle towards myself.
2. It's rewarding reading your comments. Thank you!
3. I plan to ride my bike tomorrow. I can't wait. I didn't today. I was busy with appointments.
Sanity When Relating With the Opposite Sex
        I'm thankful for common sense. In today's society there's a lot of confusion when a guy and a gal get together socially. Pressures and expectations mount, usually amounting to fantasies. We anticipate the other person to meet all our needs.
        He, or she, won't. It's not their job. It's best realizing that's our responsibility. As we become healthier, our relationships with others improve, too.
        I extend friendship to women. Nothing else makes sense.  I take time getting to know a woman's character. Women in my "dating circle" are encouraged to do the same with the innkeeper.
        I'm happy with my life. I don't need another person to fulfill it. Nope, I don't. When I am in relationship with a woman, it's because she adds to my world. I do the same for her.
        When it comes to relationships, two halves do not make a whole. It's more like multiplying fractions, the number actually gets smaller. But two whole, integrated, emotionally healthy people can make a pretty good couple.
         The following quote I've shared with some of you. I've been asked to print it again. Here it goes, it's a good one. It's one I have memorized and tattooed on my consciousness:
"I do not search out of emptiness and need but out of increasing fullness and desire. Emptiness seeks any face to fill the void, it is full of shadows easy to replace. Fullness brings a friend that is unique and irreplaceable."
        Letting the attractiveness of a woman override my common sense has no appeal, at all. I'm glad I'm not "externally referented." I don't let others tell me what I'm to look for.  I'm glad for that fact, too. Society, magazines at the checkout counter, at the local grocery store, romantic movies and the lyrics from songs contemporary and ancient portray relationships in a poor light.
        Often relationships are discussed in terms similar to addiction. "I can't live without you, get you out of my mind, etc."
        I appreciate peace of mind.  I have it because I do my own thinking.  I enjoy serenity because I use boundaries that guide relationships I have, especially with women. Lust or emotions don't overrule relationship principles that are dear to me. For more about these principles, please read here.
How About You? 
1. What do you do, to have a realistic and healthy relationship with someone of the opposite sex?
2. What boundaries do you use?
3. What are common mistakes that you've found that often happens in an intimate relationship?
    I wish you a great weekend and look forward to hearing from you!
A Helpful Related Post About Connecting with Others:

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels