Tuesday, August 28

Calmness in the Eye of the Storm, Part IV. My Source for Sanity, Serenity and Strength

I'm thankful for principles that allow me to stay calm in the midst of the storm
         Good evening everyone,

I'm dealing with intense negative issues---problems---on many different fronts.  If you only knew.  For most people, such times are usually emotionally overwhelming.  It isn't for
me.

       It's not that my feelings are magically seared.  Nope, I still have them.  My present circumstances are similar to other moments, earlier in my life, when I would be overwhelmed and panicking. That's not happening now. So, what has changed?

       Me.

       I'm excited. Mind you, this is not the type of excitement anyone really wants. But, with eager anticipation, I'm curious as to how God will work out my life for my ultimate good.

       What helps is staying present.  I realize my life is unmanageable.  I also know a God who can provide me with the sanity and serenity I seek.  He has, many times, done that for me, since my youth, and continues in doing so.

       Tomorrow, I'm meeting with several men.  It's a continuation of business negotiations I started a few weeks ago, I would love to see a positive outcome. What allows me to relax is knowing that I am not my job, my looks, my income, what I look like or the car I drive, or anything else that society usually tells us that is supposed to define us. What liberation it is knowing love and healing, and it isn't based upon external circumstances!

       I hope you have a lovely Wednesday. I pray I will, too!
My Gratitudes for Today: 
1. I discharged stress. At the end of the day I treated myself to physical exercise: I rode my bike for ten miles. My soul was able to air out and get perspective.
2. I'll be visiting with a precious friend soon. I can't wait. I delight in connecting with those that God has brought into my life.
3. Tomorrow---Wednesday, I have a business meeting at 2:30 p.m. California time. I'd value your prayers.
     I have always done well in giving presentations, it's a strength of mine. That is in my favor.
4. I laughed today.
         When going through difficult times this is when we especially need to take additional steps that allow us to care for our needs, all of them---physical, emotional and spiritual. Staying present, not having tunnel vision, while processing issues let's me know that I am enjoying life. I'm not allowing pressure to rob me of the 20-40 second vacations that can happen throughout the day, when I make the time to see the humor that life offers and let out a belly laugh.
5. I'm delighting in getting to know someone one new in my life. What surprises me are the remarkable complementary aspects we share. It's uncanny. I just found out this person can relate with parts of my history in ways that no one else can. Wow!
6. I'm thankful for the perseverance I have, and my determination.
7. I appreciate the sensitivity others show towards me.  It means a lot to me, when others respect my limitations and frailties. It tells me they truly care about my welfare and not just what they can get from me.
How About You? 
     Would you like to share your gratitudes? That would be great! As I've shared with you mine, sharing yours would meet my need for community, fellowship, reciprocity and equality.
     It's just a request, but it would make the innkeeper happy!

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels