Wednesday, August 8

An Intense Week for the Innkeeper ..............8/8/12


       Good evening,

I'm tired.  My week has been intense, but intensely good.   But it was rigorous---physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.  Tomorrow, I'm pursuing funding for my business.  I've an appointment at 10:30 a.m. in a city that's six towns away.

      I'm ready for the interview.  Wish me luck.  Your prayers are requested.  Success happens, we are told, when preparation meets
opportunity.  Tomorrow's outcome I leave in God's hands.  I'm grateful I've learned to do my best, then trust God for the results: "Let Go and Let God."

      After this post, I'm using a rubber mallet to get me to sleep.  (Do you really believe that?)

      Life is good, a Balcony Person prepped me for another business meeting that took place today.  I'm so glad that I don't have to make decisions alone. There are areas where I get frazzled. This is where others, who aren't as emotionally invested, but who care deeply for me, offer perspective that I lack, when I'm under stress.

      This Balcony Person's coaching was on the mark.  I love it when others broaden my understanding of the world.  It happens all the time.

*******************

      Today, I met with someone I mentor.  We got our bikes and had a rigorous ride, being that our time was abbreviated.  What we lacked in time we made up for in speed.

       Developing our bio-mechanics was the focus.  He did well.  We dug into our pedals, flying down Pacific Ave., a quieter, less traveled tree-lined street in Alameda.  We'd race for 5 telephone pole lengths and then settle down into a calmer pace.   After a few minutes of cruising at a comfortable pace, we'd go all out, passing another five telephone poles, before slowing down.  We did this several times.

       Afterwards, dinner was had.  The focus of our conversation was me.  I was honest, open and vulnerable as we spoke about my relationships, a refreshing time.  It's nice being on the receiving end of care.  Usually, I'm the caregiver when with others.

      This person's genuine concern for me demonstrated his appreciation for the time we share. Normally the focus is on him.  I'm grateful for the mutuality that exists in our friendship.

      I'm thankful that this fellow realizes life isn't all about him.   His compassion and openness restores my faith that dynamic, healthy friendships are possible.
How About You? 
1. Do you have Balcony People in your life?
2. If so, tell me a little about them.
3. What made you select them?

       I"m going to bed. I'm tired. Tomorrow, I'll let you know how the interview went.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels