Sunday, August 19

A Fire Lit Under the Innkeeper

   How are you?

The day was lovely, I met with friends, rode my bike at length, with speed, twice, and heard a speaker who lit a fire under me. Best yet, I got his number and will follow up by getting personal advice from him. Other than that, it was an average day.
My Gratitudes for Saturday:
1.  Today, I ended a relationship with a person I mentor. I don't mean it to sound that way. Ending the relationship is not a
cause for joy. I'm thankful for adhering to my values.  I work with those who want to go somewhere, who are motivated.  If  it isn't there, there's nothing I can do but acknowledge this fact and respond accordingly.
      I don't like vagueness. Clarity I prefer. The person I was helping has other issues that he is dealing with. I encouraged him to pursue those matters. I don't like working in a haphazard, disorganized, fuzzy way.
      I cannot help him in the way I had, I told him.   I wished him the best.
2.  I will sleep well tonight. What a difference it makes when I do. The following day my mind is clearer and my body is not as tense.
3. I really pushed it today, bikewise.  I'm seeing results. I rode 10 miles in thirty-five minutes, while going uphill. On the way home I flew home in 27 minutes, the same distance. That's a 22 mph average. (35.4 km.)
       I was on the twelfth story of a building this evening when I heard someone give a talk. I took the stairs to get to the ground level, when it was over. Taxing my body, celebrating my health makes me feel better. I like that I'm thriving physically.
        Altogether, counting what I rode in the morning, I've put in 35 miles today. (56.3 km.) I didn't eat dinner, either.  I'm finding that exercise is inhibiting my appetite.
4. I saw a dear friend tonight. We embraced each other. I'll call her soon. She mentored me last year and I was happy to see her. She's looking forward to us getting together.
    I'm tired. I'm hitting the sack. I'll see you tomorrow. If you haven't read the previous post, I re-worked it. You might want to look at it again.
    I wish you a great and grateful Sunday,

2 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

Amazing day! I love people from different countries and cultures, I learn and grow so much from them. Bless this beautiful life.

Pablo said...

Vanessa,

Good seeing you here! How are you? I hope you have a great weekend!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels