Friday, August 3

Getting Things Done, Part II, A Moonlight Ride and Experiencing Unexpected Love ......................8/3/12

My Gratitudes for Friday
1.  I survived the day even though I did not get to sleep until 7:30 a.m.  I'm grateful for the endurance, strength and clarity of mind I had, it was
a gift from God.  I like meeting the challenges that life offers.
2.  I saw clients and I'm working on the project due this upcoming Tuesday.  I'm thankful for dilgence and vision that allows me to break down projects into manageable size:
"Order and simplification is necessary for the mastery of any subject"  Thomas Mann
3.  I rode my bike thirty miles this evening at a constant speed of 23 mph.  The moon played peek-a-boo, moving in and out of clouds as I traveled. The corona around it when she was embedded within the clouds lit up the sky. Tonight was blustery---20 mph winds.

      I love the meditative nature of nighttime rides. Waves clapped their hands when I passed by.  While rolling past them, birds offshore gave soft, plaintive cries. Unexpectedly, and almost awkwardly, I rode by several sets of lovers, who sat on park benches facing the bay.

      Each duo was intertwined in one another's arms as they enjoyed sea, sand, surf, shore and the special smiles they shared with each other. Good for them, nature is a perfect venue---their setting is unconstricted by walls, they are not assaulted by the cacophony of TV commercials; moonlight enlightened their time together while serenaded by the rhythmic lapping of waves.

      I rode quickly, energetically, the wind invigorated my brisk pace on two wheels.  For those who want to know, I have a 28 speed, Hard Rock style, Specialized brand mountain bike.
4.  I appreciate those who dropped by and am grateful for hearing from two of you: Vanessa, and Carl.

        My Russian guests, the innkeeper would love hearing from you. More than two hundred and fifty of you dropped by this week. Welcome! Thank you for coming back each day.
5.  I did research in-between appointments, that's always an enjoyable time.  Discovery, growth and learning is always wonderful.  If we stop growing, we are already dead.
"What man should fear is not death. What man should fear is never beginning to live."   Marcus Aurelius
6.  I went grocery shopping. I enjoy home cooked food.  It's healthier, more economical and it allows me to use my creativity.  While in the store, I was able to pet a lovely dog that was with its owner, shopping. The dog snuggled against my legs as I pet it.  It was only six weeks old. His tender love softened the athletic energy I felt after riding for an hour and twenty minutes.
7. I'm thankful for friends who communicate from the heart, not just from the head. Glibness is hard for me to take.  I value authenticity, sincerity and conversations that reflect the individual has worked through not only their thoughts, but also their feelings about an issue.
How About You? 
1.  What is a project you are working on?  Mine is enormous. It will keep me busy. It reminds me of preparing for finals, when I was in college.
2. How are you discharging your stress?
3.  How have you experienced love this week?  I had great correspondence with friends who replied, in turn, thoughtfully, and caringly.  Conversations with loved ones helped me as I learned I'm facing daunting and disappointing challenges.  A puppy snuggled against my legs, while standing in line at the grocery store, as I scratched its right ear.
4. What is a meaningful conversation you've had recently?
     An innkeeper with many questions for you, 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels