Saturday, August 11

     Good evening,

Today, I'm working a double shift as the innkeeper.  I saw several of you earlier today.  Here, I am again. Having asked you to produce your gratitudes, I don't want to be remiss in sharing mine.  One life showing the way is better than ten tongues trying to explain it.
My Gratitudes:
1. I'm thankful for the fun of riding on BART, the local metro train service where I live.  More interesting than watching TV, if I watched TV.
2. I'm thankful for not thinking this week when stressed. I simply put
one foot in front of the other, doing what was necessary. Ya ay! Liberation from the paralysis of analysis.
3. I'm grateful for love received, on all sides, this week. It's great being "loved on."  What would I do without friends? I have no idea.
4. I was moved by a very unexpected and generous gift I received Thursday.
5. I enjoyed a conversation I had with my son yesterday. This was another movie moment, to be detailed later.
6. I'm touched by a wonderful, honest and caring conversation with a young lady yesterday. She suffered from molestation, had deeply scarred inner arms from cutting herself. What a gift is is when someone opens up like she did, when we spoke on the train.
7. I cried again. This time, it was this morning. A dear elderly woman opened up to me about incest she experienced from her brother. Wow. I apologized to her, on behalf of all men, telling her that she never deserved being treated this way. It was a special time. She also like my Victor Hugo quote about prayer.
8. I'm glad that I am able to support the downtrodden. I love my job. I'm humbled that I am able to make a difference with the work I do.
9. Today, I met with a new client. Our session was excellent. I enjoy the competency I have in my line of work. I was glad that she was able to take home skills that she can apply right away with her family.
10. I took a nap this afternoon. I appreciate rest, the relaxed mind that follows and the sweet sleep I enjoy after working hard. This was a tough week.
11. I'm indebted to a loving God who tenderly upholds me----blesses me in so many creative ways.
12. I look forward to meeting with friends tomorrow.  Connecting with others and hearing their perspective helps me to grow beyond the nutshell of my limited point of view.
13. Tomorrow, I'll ride my bike for more than twenty miles, perhaps thirty.  I love the increasing vigor I feel within my body, because of exercise. I celebrate life, and all that it holds, both good and bad.
14. I am glad that I was able to pray with two others today. God's was with us; it was palpable: his sweet, loving, caring and nurturing love enveloped us as we drew before His presence. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels