Saturday, March 31

Unexpected Kindness and Enjoying The Dialog We Share

The woman in the story below was maybe ten years older
      Good evening everyone,

It's fun talking with those who write in the comments section.  I enjoy the one-on-one time we share. Thanks for letting me know what's on your mind and sharing your gratitudes.

       As you know, if you sign the registry to this inn by posting, I'll reply. This week, you guys kept me busy.  If  you can't remember where you wrote your comments, check the box on the bottom right corner of this inn.  Click on your posting and you'll see our dialog.
My Gratitudes for Today:
Unexpected Kindness
        First, this morning, I walked in the rain, heading towards Park St. when a young woman spoke to me.  She sort of spooked me, I didn't know she was there. Sandy had observed me walking in front of her. She asked if she could share her umbrella with me.  Of course. What a great way to start the day.
        We strolled several blocks, chatting. When we arrived at my destination, we spoke for a few minutes. Offering me a shared umbrella was a first. I told her so. It was the sweetest thing that would happen this day, I said.
        It was.
        Her number I got before saying good by. We made plans to get together for coffee. Earlier, I arrived home at 1:00 a.m. after taking in two movies Friday night. I wrote replies to comments until 3:45 a.m. this morning. I didn't get to bed until 4:30 a.m., arising at 9:30.  I couldn't sleep, being wired from soda I drank at the theater.
        After saying bye to Sandy, I joined a gathering of friends. It was 10:30 a.m. and the day was already terrific.
         I pushed my body by attending.  But experiencing support and intimacy is inspiring. It strengthens my hope for mankind; my need for inclusion, empathy and consideration are met.
        After the event was over, five of us lunched at Juanita's. Yum, and filling.  So was our conversation, authenticity and talking with others who are present, enjoying life in the moment is awesome.  I'm happy I've been taking care of myself by hanging out with positive people, receiving plenty of love.
*********************************
Slowing My Mind Down: Good for Me!
        Secondly, I napped early Friday evening. Later, I saw two first-run movies, free. Not bad. It was great laughing, being in my body.
        So often, I'm in my head.  I laughed plenty while watching the latest Will Ferrell movie, "Casa de Mi Padre." Several parts of the film was corny, deliberately so. That was part of the fun in watching it. Sometimes I need to shut off my mind and enjoy plain silliness.  I did.
        Last gratitude: I had a terrific day at the office on Friday---my work is fulfilling. Someone entered my office agitated and depressed. Before we were done, she felt lighter and was happy. I'm not saying that's always the case, but it was Friday.
So How About You? 
1.  Can you share when someone recently did you an expected favor?
2.  What is it that you enjoy about your friends?
3.  What do you do, to shut down your mind, to give yourself a break from the pressures you feel?
        I always enjoy learning from you. I look forward to hearing your answers.
        I'm off to bed,

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It's refreshing to see a blog dedicated to gratitude...wonderful job sir!!

Pablo said...

Hey,

Thanks for dropping by, reading and commenting. I like what you write too. You might like my post, "Calmness in the Eye of the Emotional Storm."

Here's the link. You'll have to cut and paste this link.
http://theattitudeofgratitudeinn.blogspot.com/2011/03/responding-not-reacting-form-of.html

You might also like looking at "Getting Through the Day." The link: http://theattitudeofgratitudeinn.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-still-dead-in-water.html

Both of these links deal with how we can maintain our joy and experience tranquility even when we are in the midst of turmoil, how we can encounter a serenity that transcends our circumstances.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you enjoyed your stay at the inn.

Wishing you a grateful week,
The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels