Tuesday, March 6

Serenity: Its Source ..............................3/6/12


        The following excerpts quoted below and several of today's thoughts are inspired by, Hope for Today, p. 98. One of the best things that happened to me is getting freed from the tortuous habit of worry. I believe God is managing my life and everything happens for a reason, whether I understand it or not.  
"At any given moment, I am the sum total of all that has gone before, both painful and pleasurable, so everything I've experienced has value." 
          I surrendered my life to God decades ago, as a youth. It was the best decision I made. Doing so changed my thinking. I stopped making God my spiritual bell boy (for more about that, please click here.), telling Him
what to do and what outcomes I want.    
     Now, my focus is on ascertaining His will and asking Him for the power to carry it out.  My power is inadequate. I know this from experience. When I turn my circumstances over to Him and step aside, life gets better. The results always are far greater than what I could accomplish in my own strength. 
     I know. I've tried. 
     Turning over my will and my life over to the God of my understanding has transcended my wildest dreams. Knowing His love, daily, has been the bedrock to any strength or hope I have. 
"Today I can live serenely in the present knowing God is solving my problems and concerns in His perfect time. 
Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives me something to do, but it gets me nowhere."
My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1. My relationship with God. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. 
2. Knowing peace and serenity, because I'm doing my part---working on my character issues. I leave the outcomes to life's vexing problems in God's hands. 
3. Knowing the value of trusting God. As a result, neither my soul nor my face are etched with the deep lines created by worry, resentment or fear. 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I've finally made it over! I've been avoiding the computer like mad lately, so I rarely get on to comment on anyone's blog (not ignoring you alone!), but I'm trying to change that.

You are right. God does take care of things in ways that we can't necessarily imagine or predict or even hope for. He's funny that way.

Thanks for the comment the other day. I'm still digesting it, and I appreciate all you put into it.

1. I'm grateful to be a part of a blogging community that still exists when I am not here, and welcomes me back when I am.

2. I'm grateful for the way God works, even if it is mystifying.

3. I'm grateful that I can walk my son to and from school (on most days) and get that extra bit of bonding time with him.

Syd said...

Nice to have found you through Kelly. I too am a member of Al-Anon. It has changed my life for the better. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Pablo said...

Great hearing from you, Kelly,

How do you like my new digs? Did you notice the changes? Good to hear I wasn't rejected by you. :->

When we turn things over to God, our life gets better. I hope you take a look at the references I left you. They've been instrumental in my personal growth. See also, p75, 329 and 81 in ODAT. Wow, do those pages help me keep it straight.

I love your consistency. Every time you drop by you have always shared your three gratitudes. Thanks a bunch!

You have my prayers and support,
The Innkeeper

Pablo said...

Syd, welcome.

Being a newbie at this place you get a free massage---just kidding. I appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

I'm a deeply grateful member of AFG. My life changed drastically for the better, because of it. I'd be insane without the principles and fellowship AFG provides me.

Hope to see you again. I'd value your wisdom, your response, to any post I've written here.

Wishing you a terrific and grateful week.
The Innkeeper

Pablo said...

What a wonderful treat is was to come home from work and find two comments from visitors to this inn. Thanks, Kelly and Syd!

I hope the rest of my guest had a great day. I know I did. I'm off to visit with dear friends.

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels