Monday, March 12

Dealing With An Emotional Bully, Part VI: Turning The Person Over to God's Care, Letting Him Take Care of the Situation .........3/12/13

“Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring 
acknowledgement of what is working in our lives can help us not only
 to survive but surmount our difficulties.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
    Good evening,
This is my day off from work. Was it needed. I had a good time exercising. Walking for an hour in the morning and this evening, riding my bike for an hour and fifteen minutes (ten miles, I have an odometer), were two fantastic ways of investing in myself. I'm hoping I'll sleep well. I should.
    In between exercising, I rested, studied and spent time with friends.
    It's great seeing God at work in my
life. I make plans, but they are open to God's creative intervention. Over the years, I've learned turn my will, difficulties and life over to Him. It is the best option, and it works well for me. It's easier when I don't try to be God, controlling outcomes.
    I do what I can---my best---and leave the results in His hands.
    Well, today, God showed up big time.  It's nice knowing He can do for me what I cannot do for myself.  Lately, I've had several people come to me, individually, with reports of the same woman stalking, harassing, and bullying them.
    She's the same person who screamed at me in front of eighteen others in December. It startled many that evening. Many who were there that night have not returned, when we've had subsequent times together. The night she yelled at me was an opportunity for me to practice patience and to respond, and not react.

*****************************
      Someone who wants my professional services called me today.  It's a small world.  After helping her on the phone, and making arrangements to assist her this Friday, I brought up my concerns about this woman who's seriously affecting our Alameda community.
     Wouldn't you know it? The woman I helped this morning knows the intimidating, aggressive woman. She is going to speak with her. She's confronted this bully recently, with success. She told me that this woman, who I'll call Zoopsie, is a sick, emotionally diseased woman.
      If that doesn't work, I have a few other ideas to remedy this serious problem. Did I mention I have a bear trap in my back pocket?
     Seriously, one option is getting help from the police or using restraining orders.
     First things first. Before resorting to those measures I'll see how the woman I spoke with today fares with Zoopsie. (Yes, I made up that name. It's good having a sense of humor during stressful times.)
      So, you see?  How silly it is to get our knickers all twisted up when, if we wait and trust, God CAN do for us what we can't do for ourselves.
     I'm glad I know God and He is committed to my welfare, and that of the five other women who've been harassed and scared by this emotional bully.
        What are you hearing me say,what is your response?  I'd enjoy knowing your thoughts and feelings. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels