Tuesday, March 27

God Isn't Limited By My Perspective

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our
 hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder
Image: Redwood Regional Park. It's in my neighborhood.
 I love the canopy of green, amazingly majestic!
      Good evening,

Wet weather kept me indoors today, making me antsy. I've gotten the exercise bug and now miss it, when I'm unable to scoot around on my bicycle.  However, we've needed this weather; we didn't get much of it this winter.
     The nearby hills are luminescently green, vibrantly alive, always a pleasure to view. The scrubbing of the metropolitan air with the recent showers and the
smell of rain-dampened dirt brings back a country-like scent to the island city where I live.
     It's great hearing from several of you. Thanks for your comments. As you know, I reply to them where they are posted.  I enjoy your gratitudes, as always; I like it when you check in. Let me know if I can help. You might want to let others know about this place. I believe this inn can and will encourage them, too.

      I feel in a bit of a rut. I've stayed home more than normal, the past few days, recuperating from my weekend adventure.  Tomorrow, I'll be at my regular routine once again.
My Gratitudes for Tuesday:
1. I had a great session with a client in the afternoon. I was encouraged when I saw the "light go on" when working with her. Seeing positive results is always a great motivator. I enjoy helping others become who they want to be.
2.  I was treated to a humble dinner this evening, totally unexpected.  I like surprises, especially when it involves someone being thoughtful towards me.
3.  I have pressures I'm facing.
       I'm glad knowing a God who cares for my welfare.  I know He will help me as I rely on His strength to do what I need to do. He has never let me down.
       That fact allows me to rest in His embracing love for me, even if my mind cannot see an outcome. I'm thankful that God isn't limited by my perspective.
4.  I bumped my damaged left thumb a few times today. I'm happy that it did not send me in searing pain, as was the case the past few days. I thankful for the healing work going on within me.
5. I appreciate my thumb no longer throbs---only when I accidentally hit it hard against something. Today, that did not happen. Ya ay!
    The previous two evenings, my body and mind stayed up to keep my thumb company, as it pulsated with pain throughout the night. That will not be the case tonight. I look forward to a better night of sleep.
    I'll talk with you tomorrow, I'm heading for bed. The Sand Man is calling me. (Did I tell you how happy I am my thumb is behaving almost normal?)

2 comments:

Syd said...

Maybe riding an indoor bike would help. I do something called Peak 8 on the bike and it is intense. But it really feels good when completed. Hope that your finger and your other scrapes continue to heal.

Pablo said...

I checked out the Peak 8 on YouTube. It looks amazingly excellent for a person's health.

Maybe I can ask my sons to get one for dad. Father's Day will be here before they know it. :)

How fast do you cycle, MPH, when you sprint on that thing?

I sure could use it on rainy days, or when I want a change of routine.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels