Friday, March 16

Living By the Healthy Priorities, Deeply Enjoying My Life

“Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgement 
of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.” 
— Sarah Ban Breathnach 
       Good morning,
I know you might think it's late for posting in my blog. I'll bed down in a moment.  
       I did a lot of
work early this morning, continuing until the afternoon.  At 3:30 p.m. I picked up my middle son at the BART station.  He worked for me today and did well.
       Better than that, we had a great time together. I cooked dinner and we enjoyed visiting after he finished working.  I love it when we talk and connect in a heart-felt way. That happened today. He was with me until 12:30 a.m.
............................................................................................................
My Gratitudes for Thursday. 
1. I'm thankful I made time with this son a priority. Our time was rich. I'm glad I made myself available; I had another commitment. Those plans I cancelled: it's not every day we spend an entire evening together, just him and me.  Family is a high priority in my book.
2. Nothing is finer than being a listening ear to a son who pours out his heart and thoughts. I'm humbled by his trust in me.  Tonight was a special time.The closeness we shared far exceeded anything I could have gotten from my previous plans for Thursday night. First things First.
3. I've learned years ago to shut up, when with my sons.
     I mean that in a good way. They don't need my advice, nor do I desire to give it. They are young adults in their twenties.
     What they need is someone who believes in them and supports their efforts to make it in this life, however that may be. I'm happy enough to appreciate the wonderful men they are. I'm proud of them. No father has finer sons.
Another home in the town
4. I rode my bike for 12 miles in the early evening, while there was still daylight, and my son worked. He freed up my time, enabling me to enjoy the wind flying in my face as I pedaled away stress.  I celebrated life this evening while cruising through the neighborhoods of Alameda.
Life Has Never Been Better
    Fifth, I like the balance and serenity I'm enjoying. Life has never been better. Since I've learned to take care of myself and work on my own personal growth, life has improved.
    I've learned to exercise healthy options that allow me to overcome those areas where I need to grow.  For some, that might be areas like depression, anger, resentment, fear, procrastination, you name it.
    Not controlling others helps increase my serenity and joy, too. I have enough trouble just taking care of me! When faced with a crisis, I consider my options. It makes life manageable----I can't control what others choose to do (nor would I want to). But, I do have control, somewhat, over my choices.
    I've found that worrying reveals I have a problem with trust in God. (I'd also say that it also demonstrates I'm trying to be God---I'm wanting to control outcomes.)  Instead, I desire to know God's will and ask for the power to carry it out.
How About You? 
1. What are the top priorities God or your Higher Power has placed upon your heart?
2.  How do you relieve stress? I ride my bike, exercise, pray, meditate, play my guitar, write, and talk with dear friends
3.  What are some areas where you need to take care of yourself?
   I look forward to hearing your responses.  Blessings to you.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels