Wednesday, March 21

Relating With the Emotionally Fevered .............3/21/12

 “Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level. We need to literally “count our blessings,” give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have.” — Shakti Gawain 
    Good evening my friends,
How was your day? Mine went well. Just a reminder: the Alphabetical Inndex in the tabs section above works. You might want to take a look. For the longest time the links did not work because I moved to this address. The links have been corrected. Let me know if you encounter any problems. Thanks!
Relating With The Emotionally Fevered
     Last night, I encountered the wrath of someone not in a good mood. I'm glad the behavior of others doesn't determine
my moods.
      I saw him again this morning.  I gave him a cordial "hello." I don't allow how I'm treated to affect my joy or serenity.  Just because he was unfriendly doesn't mean I have to be unkind. What he did last night was a statement about him, not me.  I don't take things personally.
     He was surprised by my response.  I did not tolerate yesterday's abuse, but neither am I to dish it out, either. If someone were to have a fever, I wouldn't take offense because they are ill. Well, last night, this person was emotionally fevered, that's all.
     That doesn't mean I'll relate with this person on a meaningful level. I won't. I've learned to believe a person when they tell us who they really are. This guy who got angry let me know his character better than he imagined. I just needed the calmness within that allowed me to see it.
My Gratitudes for Wednesday
1. A long-time friend asked if we could get together Thursday. I let him know I couldn't.
     I placed higher priorities over the appeal of seeing him. He didn't expect my response. I don't like feeble, last minute efforts. I grew up with chaos and a lack of consistency.  I don't care to promote those qualities in my life.
     I prefer order, consideration and stability. We get what we tolerate. I thank God for the emotional well-being I enjoy because I observe boundaries.  I don't care for chaos. It may be adrenaline producing, but sure doesn't contribute to a peaceful, less stressful life.
2  I went for an hour-long walk this evening. As a result of exercising more, lately,  I'm sleeping better. I like the restored vigor I have in the  mornings. Ya ay!
3. I bought milk last night. When I brought it home, it was spoiled. It was an opportunity to practice patience and grace. I returned it today and the replacement is fresh. Ya ay again.  I've learned to be thankful for small blessings.
4. I slowed down today. I rescheduled an evening commitment and rested.  I enjoy having time for myself and adding balance to my busy schedule.
5. I cleaned the house: I'm happier when there's less clutter. i'm thankful for clarity and discipline.
6. I had a wonderful conversation with a dear friend. I nurtured myself by spending time, sharing what's going on in my life. I took care of my emotional well-being.
Related Posts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!
1985 Chrysler Town and Country AC Compressor

Pablo said...

Hi,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for dropping by. I glad you liked the post. How do you handle the unpleasant behavior of others?
Hope to hear from you again.

There are other posts similar to this one. You might want to check out the
Alphabetical Inndex, or the links suggested at the bottom of the post.

Have a great weekend,
The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels