Saturday, March 10

The Innkeeper Is Still Growing---Learning New Skills

I've been busy, churning out posts
       Good late evening everyone,
How are you? What a day. Lately I've not been eating much. I just haven't felt hungry. There have been four days this past week when I preferred researching to eating
and skipped eating for the day, perhaps having one meal. 
     Today, I cooked two nutritious, lean, healthy meals. So, that's a start towards better eating habits. 
**********************
     In late December I had an unusual, difficult and startling experience. Those of you who routinely read the musings of this innkeeper may have by now put two and two together. I've alluded to this episode in a few of my posts.  
    This weekend, I'll share some thoughts I've learned from the experience. It's too late doing so, tonight. 
***********************
     The last post was the three hundredth I've written, in less than a year. I like recognizing  milestones. They allow me to measure progress. I'm happy with what I see. I'll share my "300 posts" gratitudes and then head off for bed. 
*****************************
My Gratitudes for Friday: 
1. I don't allow obstacles to stop me from accomplishing goals. In this case, being an innkeeper who consistently did his job. (It's not really my job, its been my joy.) I see impediments as opportunities for learning resourcefulness and how to stay in the solution. I enjoy challenges.
2. Progress requires practice. We don't get anything for free, that includes accomplishment. I'm thankful I've invested in myself by being diligent, responsible and consistent.  
   I've consistently written for this inn, more than 25 posts a month. Discipline helps me to grow and develops my character. 
3. I enjoy the opportunity for self-expression this inn provides. 
    My career has been as a teacher, public speaker and counselor. My work is talking. 
    Becoming the innkeeper of the Attitude of Gratitude Inn made me write, which is an entirely different animal, believe me. However, as a result, my thoughts are now captured in printed form.  As a speaker, what I share is fleeting, they become mere figments in the minds of those who hear me. 
     What I share here is permanent. I'm able to review my musings in printed form. I can see my growth as I walk the journey of life. I'm thankful for the creativity and growth I've experienced as I learned what is involved in writing more than 25 postings a month. 
     I'm glad I've invested in myself, by being the innkeeper.
4. I appreciate you, the guests of this inn. I celebrate you participating with me. We're learning how to have an Attitude of Gratitude. A heart of joy is ours as we regularly express thankfulness. Thank you, for letting me get to know you.  You make what I do here worthwhile. 
**********************
How about you? 
a. What do you like about having a heart of thankfulness? 
b. What do you liked best about what we share here? 
I look forward to hearing your answers. I may even place them in upcoming posts. 
    The Innkeeper

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love the positivity of this blog sor! I've been perusing blogs on blogger lately and happened upon yours. May I follow your blog? Feel free to follow mine as well. Keep up the awesome work.

Pablo said...

Hi there, Optimistic Exi,
How much did I pay you to write a nice comment? Wow. Gosh. Golly, even.

I'm not familiar with sor. I know you're not sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean. Can you inform this innkeeper who lives on the Left Coast? Let me see, does it mean super optimistic round-headed person? If so, you're right, that's me.

By all means, I'd love for you to follow this blog. As the innkeeper of this inn I am duly authorized to award you with the Attitude of Gratitude Award for the Day!

Hear, hear. Do I hear a hurrah from other guests, for Optimistic Existentialist?

Thanks for sharing your gratitude for this inn and it's attitude of positivity. I'm glad this inn meets your need for celebration of life and optimism.

Hope to see you soon, and please sign on as a follower,
The Innkeeper

Syd said...

If I have a heart filled with negativism, then I am not happy. I am glad to be an optimist and be thankful for all that is in my life.

Pablo said...

Syd,

I quoted the following in my post: The Vision of This Inn. (4/25/11) It echoes your perspective.

"All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy.

We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it is truer to say that complaining leads people to becoming unhappy.

There is much less envy of the rich by the poor than there is of the happy by the unhappy; of those who believe by those who don't believe."

Btw, I'd be happy, too, if I had your boat, that could let me get away from it all. :->

Thank you, Syd, for your encouragement and insights. This inn is a better place because of people like you, Kelly, Cary, Muse and Lowry.

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels