Wednesday, March 14

Responding to Comments From Others: Bon Mots and Other Thoughts


“You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert
 and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before
 I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, 
boxing, walking,playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.”
 G. K. Chesterton  
     Thanks, Becky, for sharing your story in the comment you posted yesterday in "The Demon of Denial" post. (Readers, you can find it to my right, in the sidebar.) It was honest.  I really like
authenticity.
     It was encouraging hearing about your growth through self-awareness. I respect your desire to respond more healthily to your daughter and not react, when with her.
    Syd, thanks for adding your insight to this inn; it is always appreciated. I wish you the best. I wrote several posts about the loss of a cat that was dear to me. You'll see it in the sidebar. It's about Simple Pleasures and Lessons Learned from Alexander the Grey(t).  I know you lost your beloved dog, not long ago.
     Kelly, thanks for your honesty. Remember you are not alone. Take a look at page 189 in Hope for Today. You might want to review pages 16 and 13 in One Day At a Time.
      I know you have page 13 marked up. It's always good to see pages 351, 280, 75, 81 and 329 in the same book. I've learned it does me no good to moan and groan about my problems.  I need to move on---forward---with my life. Working with a healthy mentor allows me to see healthy alternatives. (See page 27 in Hope for Today, for example.)  It allows me to create a better today.
     The bottom of page 136 and the top of the next page in Paths to Recovery reminds me that spending excessive time focusing on the problem does neither me, nor others listening to me, any good.
    Aileen, thank you for your post. I'm sorry you lost it. I'd like to help you with your difficulties in posting a comment here. I appreciate you trying. I regret I can read what you wrote, I know it was good.
    Muse, I value the frequency of your comments. I also like your insights. I might ask you to do a guest blog for this inn. (Anyone else interested, let me know.)
    Lowry, thanks for you posts. I like your positivity. Thank you, for encouraging me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Innkeeper.
Muse

Syd said...

Happy birthday to you and your blog. It takes time and interest to keep up a blog. And I think that it so helps my own recovery to write.

Pablo said...

Muse,

Thanks for dropping by and celebrating with me. How are you?

Look forward to seeing you again.

Pablo said...

Syd,

You said it, regarding blogs. Tolstoy eloquently stated that every time he wrote, he left some of his blood in the ink well.

Writing creates clarity and recovery for me, too. Random thoughts constantly percolate in my head. They cause frustration. When I scribble them on a page(even though I really use a laptop), I'm able to lay my musings in order, much to my relief.

Writing also allows me to create distance with my thoughts, permitting me a clearer perspective.

I enjoy your comments,

The Guy from the Left Coast talking to the Guy from the Right Coast.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels