Monday, July 9

20 Reasons to Be Optimistic 7/9/11

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
 an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” 

― Winston Churchill   
By the way, isn't this a beautiful photo?.
      I'm really up at it, today!  I've written five letters, taken care of administrative matters related to my work and about to have my Quiet Time.  I'll
meditate, pray and study.  How's that for Monday morning blahs??  That's no blahs at all.  Hey, do you ever think I get passionate about life?

     Before immersing myself with said devotional time, I leave you with the following.  A little secret about me. I've found the Fountain of Youth.  That is something one of my ancestors, Juan Ponce de Leon sought.

     Yep, I'm one of his descendants.  He discovered Florida, was the first governor of Puerto Rico and suffered from mental health issues.  I mean, searching for the Fountain of Youth was a clue, wasn't it?

     Empathizing with this plight, I can, having worked in a psychiatric hospital for nine years before having my private practice.
*********************
“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.” 
― A.A. Milne

*********************
     Regarding wrinkles, Abraham Lincoln said, for the first forty years of our life, we have no control over the looks on our face.  After forty years, he said, our face is etched with the reality of our character.  Mine reflects the joy and hope I've known----even though I've experienced difficult times.

*****************************
“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, 
"we haven't had an earthquake lately.”      ― A.A. Milne
*****************************

       I've discovered the fountain of not only youth, but of hope; it allows me to deal with pressure, tension, depression, worry, fear.  If interested in knowing more, drop me a line.  My e-mail address is: pfnts@netscape.net.

      As I've said before, I'm not Pollyannaish.  I'm thankful for recovery.  Nope, not from drugs, drinking, eating, or any other substance.  I'm thankful for recovery from being externally referented.   I don't determine my moods by how others treat me or by what I do.  That's not the case any more. And, what freedom I enjoy because I'm am in touch with my boundaries, values and feelings.

      My friends are genuine.  They care for me---not what they can get.  I'm not as an audience of one, with them only talking about their issues.  Am I glad.

      My friends are empathetic.  They listen and understand ideas from my point of view when we talk.  I'm lucky.

      What prompted my writing today was reading the following.  You'll need to click on the image to get the full view and text.  Optimism rules!  You can click on this link to read the rest. (You'll need to scroll on its right scroll bar.)

How About You?
1. What helps you overcome stress? 
2. How are you, as an optimist?

2 comments:

aileen said...

Hi, Pablo!

THOROUGHLY enjoyed the Poohisms!

Stress busters that are bridges over stressful waters - walking along the sand or in the grass at Crown State Memorial Beach, a few blocks from my apt -hooking up the motor-hose-mat for my in-home jacuzzi spa time - cleaning the kitchen (yes!! even meditative sometimes) - calling a frined who will hold space and give attentive ear and support - crying - music - reading something for uplift or entertainment - a movie - getting still - sleep - a good nutritional meal - chocolate - hanging out w/a good friend - getting perspective by recognizing my stress some would consider a "luxury..."

My 3 gratitutdes for today:

A great session yesterday w/a confidant in penetrating surface knowledge to its more spiritual truth , esp. w/a question posed that had me drawing a weighted blank.

The first in a serious of pain relieving and quality of life enhancing chiropractic treatments -did you know the Mayo brothers in their early years had their practice in the same block as a chiropractor - how about Jack LaLane the exercise guru and juicers salesman..yup... a chiropractor! I remember exercising w/him on a big boxy black and white television console - and Vic Tanni, too!! Okay, I'm old!

The reward, joy, and deep thankfulness for coming into new ground in grasping a deeper understanding of character building work toward shifting/changing/creating new paradigms to get in touch w/and express the potential the Creator has put in me - faith is definitely a character building discipline...

Good night, Innkeeper and Guests!

Pablo said...

Aileen,

Great suggestions for reducing stress!

I'm glad you are getting the support your want with your confidant/mentor and you are feeling better, physically.

You must be happy that your spiritual muscles are getting stronger! I'll be writing about this subject, soon.

I so appreciate your consistent visits to the inn. In time, you might review some of my replies to your comments.

I wish you a great week.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels