Monday, July 2

Care Needed When Assuming and the Joy of Laughter (Also, I've included a joke.)

No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of it for others. (Charles Dickens)  
      Good evening,

Glad to make time and visit with the guests of this inn. The weather was lovely today.
Care Needed When Assuming
      I've had an unusual experience the past three weeks. Chanting from a neighbor's house has woken me in the middle of the night, several times.  It's been a source for my
insomnia.

      I thought it was from a neighbor, who immigrated here. I found out it's another person, a woman born and raised in the California. What she's doing is singing, giving ecstatic utterances while under the influence of her Pentecostal faith.

      She's speaking in tongues.  Wow.  I'll talk with her tomorrow.  How I phrase my concerns will be interesting.

      It reminds me the danger when making assumptions. I can be wrong, as I was in this case.  I heard chanting this evening, last night, the night before, and many other times after 12:00 a.m., sometimes at 2:30 a.m. That's another wow. This has caused many sleepless nights this past month.
********************************** 
       I'm recently being challenged---stressed.  Circumstances have been weighing upon me. The good news is that I'm taking my days a portion at a time, staying present. I still value your prayers. Thanks!
My Gratitudes for Today:
       My baseball team has been doing terrifically. Last week they took over first place in their division. Am I glad.

       They had four shut outs in a row last week. That's the first time in baseball history that that happened. Their ace also appears to be emerging from a slump (Tim Lincecum).

1. I love the community, companionship, the connection and shared celebration of life I have with other fans of the San Francisco Giants.
The Comfort of Old Friends
      I went to a ballgame last week with Alan. He's a friend I've known since twelve. It was fun hanging out with him. It was especially nice he treated me.
      I appreciate his sensitivity in thinking of me.  It was fun hanging out with him and the time shared was nurturing. There's something to be said about long-term friends.
      New friends may like our style. But old friends have known us through thick and thin and weal and woe. We don't have to do anything to win their appeal. They are the ones I turn to when needing reassurance and support.
2. It was wonderful being with Alan.
3. Yesterday, I cycled sixteen miles. Was it great. I delight in hearing water lap against the shore. It soothes my soul. I heard it as I circled the island town where I live.
4. Today, I researched. My understanding expands when I do. I'm thrilled when I have time to study.
The Joy of Laughter
5. Today, I had fun.  While with a friend, we laughed several times. You don't know, but I have a repertoire of thousands of jokes. Several of them, funny.
     You want to hear one?  Okay. The following is a true story.
     Really.
     In San Jose, just south of here, there was a construction company that had two men with the name Jose. When one was called the other responded, too. To solve the problem, they named one Jose and the other Hose B. lol  :)  "Hose B....!"
6. I'm grateful for patience.  It allows me to know serenity even when sorely tried and my sleep is affected.
7. I'm thankful that I have clarity regarding my boundaries. I'm happy for the growing awareness I have of others as I see them respond to my values.
8. I appreciate exercise.
      It's a great stress reducer. It discharges tension that gets stored within my soul when difficult times are encountered. Movement of my body is critical for my health---I can easily live within my head. As Carl, who comments here said recently, our mind is a dangerous place for us to tread alone.
How About You? 
1. Can you think of a recent time when you came to false assumptions? For me, I thought a person who grew up knowing a different language was the one singing late at night, the past month.  Instead, it was someone I would have never had thunk would be the culprit.  I'm glad I took my time before taking action.
2. Are you consistent about getting exercise?
3. What type of exercise do you do? I've been cycling. I need to get back to using the gym I have at home.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels