Saturday, July 14

The Decompressing Joy of a Belly Laugh

       Good morning everyone,                                                               Someone at home just made some noise and woke me up.  I bedded early, tired from a busy and stressful week.  Whew!  I was was exhausted.  I still am.                                                                                   Later today, I'll spend time with my youngest son, Josiah.  I'll dash off my gratitudes and try getting more rest.                                My Gratitudes for Saturday: 1. I'll spend time cooking something big today, a turkey. I find time in the kitchen can be a meditation. I like how it centers me.  Josiah will help.                      2. I'll get rest after this post.                                                               3. I look forward to cycling with my son and flying kites, after we're done cooking. Having adventures with a family member is always fun.                                                                                                      4. I appreciate God's love. Knowing grace in my life helps me, when I'm mentally stuck or emotionally fearful.                                  5. I look forward to hearing from friends. I'm concerned about what's going on with some of them. I hope to hear how their issues get resolved.                                                                                      6. I value each of you who drop by this inn of thanks.                          7. I'm thankful for humor.                                                                              It feels so great when I have a belly laugh. I appreciate it's comforting power. The video clip above is silly. I thought the inn needed a bit of levity.                                                                                   Watching this video always makes me laugh. My, was Madeline Kahn funny. And boy, she could sing. Who can forget her performance in the films Young Frankenstein or Blazing Saddles? May her tribe increase!                                                                          How About You?                                                                         1. What are your plans for this weekend? 2. Who are some of your favorite comedians?  In addition to Madeline, I like Andy Kaufman, Jonathan Winters, Phil Hartman and Jack Benny.  

4 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Pablo,

I love Jonathan Winters, who was the professional inspiration behind Robin Williams. Thanks for the levity; the best medicine. Have a great weekend! Blessings...

Vanessa Higgins said...

Cute video! I now have the tune stuck in my head haha.
My weekend is being spent fairly solo. I rather like being around people so I am going to try to add some friends to my sunday if I can.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

I appreciate the consistency of your visits, and the "Dear Pablo"s. :) I bet Jonathan Winters also inspired Jim Carrey, too.

I hope your weekend was great!

Pablo said...

Hi there, Vanessa,

Same with me, the tune goes through my head from time to time. I enjoyed the affection Grover showed towards Madeline. He was flirting, too: "You look highly attractive today.."

How was your Sunday, did you get together with any friends? What did you enjoy the most about your weekend?

Hope to find out,
Pablo

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels