Friday, July 20

Pondering Upon a Sad Time

        Good evening everyone

I hope you had a good day. Some difficult important business, I took care of.  It involved making phone calls. I dreaded it, but went ahead, anyway.

      Part of my growth is realizing that my actions, as long as they don't harm others, and are not unethical, don't always need to make sense. Sometimes
my body speaks to me.  I've learned to pay attention to my limbic system, the primal part of me. Reason isn't the only way to go.  Often, we place too much emphasis upon reason, while ignoring our feelings.

      I'm tuckered out by this the demands of this week, how about you?  What I share below will help you understand why I'm more drained than normal, for a Friday night.

Here are my gratitudes. After sharing them, I'll spend time replying to comments posted here.
1. I'm going to bed, after posting this list.  I'm glad I'm learning to take care of my body. I'm not pushing it to its limits.  I appreciate the protection of having healthy boundaries.
2. I'm thankful for the heroes who were in the theater in Colorado, in the city of Aurora.  They assisted the injured during the time of crisis, at the risk of their lives.
3. I'm glad the culprit of yesterday's attack was captured.
4. I'm heartened by the outpouring of support that the victims and family members of the dear ones who were killed are getting, from across the nation.
    We want to pray for those who are suffering as a result of yesterday's attack by the lone gunman. I am saddened by these events, I'm sure you are too.
    What is shocking is that one of my sons works for this company, Century Theaters. It made me think that this event could have happened where he works. So, I'm taking it a bit personally. I haven't spoken with him, yet. I'm sure all theaters will be on alert for awhile. What a shame.
5. I'm glad God is still on the throne and continues to answer prayers. Aren't you?
6. Tomorrow, I'll go for a long ride, perhaps thirty or more miles. I need it. If you read what I wrote above, you know why.
       I wish you a peaceful and restful Saturday.

3 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

So glad you got your phone calls done. Nice work!

GRATITUDES for today…wow so many!!
Having the money to buy my aunt a nice gift to let her know she is beautiful.
Having nice enough weather to swim at the lake with my aunt and see her in a state of bliss for being in the water.
Treating my aunt and uncle to a yummy dinner and having both my aunt and me say we are HAPPY.
Being free from fear - not for 15 minutes - but for a WHOLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pablo said...

Thank you for your support. It really helps.

It great hearing about you time with your aunt. Your love for her comes through,loud and clear.

I bet your time with your relatives hit the spot: you're connecting with loved ones, getting the loving attention you deserve and need.

I'm doing a happy dance for you. :) What a fantastic day---truly carefree, in all ways! Now, those are FANTASTIC gratitudes. I'm so happy for you!

Someone said...

The past month I've just recently been going through some hardships in my life and it was a painful time. Although it wasn't the best day of my life, I could still learn a lot from it and am thankful it had happened earlier rather than a year or so, etc. After all this world is full of ups and downs and its not really about what happens in your life, its what you make out of it.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels