Sunday, July 15

Time With Family ................................7/15/12

There is always some good in every situation; all you have to do is look for it.
          Good morning, again,
I just got back, after a busy evening. A regular guest to this inn,
Carl, forwarded the following video. It both mesmerized me and created reveries. I'm sharing it with you. Let me know your response.                                      My Gratitudes for Saturday:                                                  1. I'm thankful for the many who are dropping by from Russia.                   Welcome! Thanks for your constant and frequent visits. You form a large part of this inn's readership, second only to the U.S.  I'd love hearing from you.                                                                         2. I'm grateful for pain relief medicine. I didn't think of taking any, the week following my accident on my bike. I took some on Thursday and my pain is gone! You probably didn't know I struggled getting up from a chair. My knew locked up. I celebrate small miracles.             3. I appreciate music. The video above reminds of the amazing language conveyed through art.  It expresses emotions in ways that words, by themselves, can't.                                                                 4. I'm happy for getting to know new friends.  This past week, most of this happened through letter writing.                                              5.  Saturday, I spent time with my youngest son, Josiah.                              The five-and-a-half hours were gone before we knew it, but we did a lot. Riding bikes, shopping, cooking dinner, supping and working on a project made for a busy evening.  I appreciate his helpfulness and the adventure we shared at the end of the day.             6.  I rode my bike today. I enjoy feeling the seasons, a greater sense of the road and the vigor I feel when cycling.  It has been tremendous for my mental and physical health.  I'm also being green, too. Very green. Not to mention, parking is a snap, when I get around town using a bicycle.                                                                  How About You?                                                                          1. What is your favorite music, and why?                                          2. What do you do, that connects  you to the earth?  As you know by now, I cycle.                                                                                        3. What helps you to reduce stress?  Prayer, meditation, study of inspirational material, spending time with friends, reading great literature, listening to music, exercise and riding my bike works for me.                                                                                                                         Here's wishing you a great and grateful Sunday.

4 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Pablo, Thank you for posting the video. The music was written by Pat Metheny and the lyrics were written and sung by Pedro Aznar. Both brilliant, innovative jazz musicians worthy of a further listen; all over youtube, etc. Metheny tours extensively in Europe and the U.S. this summer and fall. Not sure about Aznar. I find this piece transformative, and hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful week.

Vanessa Higgins said...

This video was such a gift, thank you. I rarely get to see the ocean so this allowed me a passage into the sea that I am so grateful for. Glad to hear you had a rewarding weekend!

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

I'm getting feedback in my e-mails and here, in the inn. The video you sent me was a winner. It's meeting the need for beauty, celebration of life, and nature for those who watch it!

Thank you. I'm open to other offerings, too.

How has the beginning of the week been for you?

I also enjoy your comments. I trust life is treating you well.

Pablo said...

If you are ever this way, I'd love helping you to discover the Pacific Ocean. It's not far from my home.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video---I find it soothing.

I always like it when you drop by.

A happy innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels