Tuesday, July 24

Stress: Taking It Slow and Easy .....................7/24/12

There is always some good in every situation; all you have to do is look for it.

Image: "Under the Willows" by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted material. Used by permission. 
        Good morning,

I'll squeeze these comments in before it's afternoon, on the Left Coast. I hope the start of your week was good. Mine, wasn't. I know that is strange news for you to hear from me. But, I value integrity and have to be honest.  :)
My Gratitudes for Today:
1. Knowing, at the cellular level, that
God loves me, even when I'm upset, is a comfort. Outwardly, you wouldn't know I'm concerned. I'm thankful for the close connection I have with Him.

*********************************
"It’s better to complete a small project than to leave a big one half done."    Tim Blessed
*********************************
2. Today is one of those days when I need to take in fifteen minute at a time. There are unpleasant tasks I'm facing. When I break work into smaller tasks, they are more manageable. Just like the quote under today's photo, Tough times involve me in a treasure hunt: I'm looking for the good.

*********************************
"Never confuse a mere bend in the road with the end of the road."   

*********************************
        I appreciate being reasonable and gentle towards myself, while under tension.  Self-love is  as important as it is to be driven by the tasks life has for us.
                          *********************************
"Communication from the heart is a precious expression of love. Write that letter or make that call today."                                          Tim Blessed  
3. I received another letter this weekend. It encouraged me. The writer's transparency and supportive honesty was a nice respite from what I'm facing.
4. I'm glad I leave the outcomes of today's actions in God's hands. I appreciate acceptance. Sometimes life becomes unmanageable. This is an opportunity to operate by faith, not sight.
5. It's good remembering that feelings are just that, not a prophecy. The loudest voice is not necessarily the truest.
6. I'll take steps today to make my situation better, relying on God for the results, resting in His love, comfort and presence.

6 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

Your honesty is refreshing, thanks Pablo!

Anonymous said...

I love the quote you used. I will notice it more often in life for now on. Thank you once more Pavlo, your posts are usually life-lessons! I hadn't visit your Inn for a long time and after reading a lot of your posts i am going to bed with positive, refreshing feelings. Today wasn't the best day but now it feels like everything is where it needs to be. Thank you my friend. Goodnight to you and have a great day.

Pablo said...

Vanessa, my dear,

Thank you for the company you provide when you drop by! Honesty is important. One key thing for me, is authenticity. As a child, it got me in trouble, when I disagreed with my father.

Alas, I had to be true to myself, if I had a different opinion, even if it meant being disciplined. I see and hear things differently from the perspective of many, including my dad.

Here's wishing you a great and grateful rest of the week!

Pablo said...

Nalia,

Ο φίλος μου, the innkeeper is happy when guests drop by after having been gone for a long while. His smile is wider and the twinkle in his eyes increases, too. :)

I glad you like the quote. I do too. I'm happy this inn encourages you. That's the vision for this inn: to help roses that have been burn and browned by the stresses of life.

Rest here. Απολαύστε την παραμονή. I love your enthusiasm. I must be Greek, too!

Here's to you feeling better because of this inn!

Pavlos

Anonymous said...

Haha you most definitely are Greek! Well done for knowing so much! I consider myself lucky because Greek is a difficult language but that doesn't seem to stop you!
Your inn is an oasis for drenched flowers and plants!
Ευχαριστώ my friend!

Pablo said...

Nalia,

Είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι, τον φίλο μου. Είναι ευχαρίστησή μου κάθε φορά που πέφτει με. Κάνετε αυτό το καλύτερο με την παρουσία σας. Λατρεύω τη μουσική και ενθουσιασμό. Συμμεριζόμαστε αυτές τις ιδιότητες, την καρδιά μου χαρά. Το μόνο πρόβλημα είναι ότι δεν έχω πράσινο χρώμα μαλλιών. Λυπούμαστε. (I hope I said this correctly.)

παύλος

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels