Monday, August 1

A Grateful Innkeeper


Update: 8/2/11 Armida passed away the thirteen hours after I played the guitar and sang to her. She entered into eternal rest  Monday, at 12:55 p.m.  I'm thankful I was able to be with her and her family, Sunday.  I will miss her; but, she lives on, within the memory of all those who were fortunate to know her.  She no longer suffers from the vicious disease of cancer.
********************************************************

     Sunday night I performed for two hours, without stop, playing the guitar and singing in Armida's bedroom. Usually, when I perform, my sets don't last longer than 45 minutes, then I take a break.

    Armida is heavily sedated with morphine and unconscious. I'll write more about my experience Sunday, when I'm not tired, which I am, at this moment.

My gratitudes for today:

1. I'm thankful for the many who drop by the inn, each day. I look forward to getting to know you. I'm grateful for the community we share.
2. Visitors from Indonesia and Argentina, dropped by today. Welcome. I hope to see you again. I'm thankful for the growing readership taking place, here.

3.  My son Josiah accompanied me when I serenaded Armida, last night. I enjoyed our teamwork and us singing together. We were together for several hours, before and after we ministered to Armida and her family.
4. I'm happy that I'm seeing my vision being fulfilled, a bit at a time, but it's getting there.

Image: "Cumbria: Donister Pass" by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels