Friday, August 12

Courage & Support Allows Us to Face Fear & Soar Towards Our Goals 8/12/11

      I hope you had an enjoyable day.                                                                     If not, you are at the right place.  Having an Attitude of Gratitude  helps.  It gives perspective that moves us forward. For more about that, click here.  It's best seeing what can be done and bask in the blessings we enjoy, than living with regret and fear. 

       Fear is a form of self-sabotage.  Here are thoughts on this subject.  May they help us face our fears and master them. 
Part of my growth has involved re-versing old ways of thinking. It had been my habit to avoid painful feel-ings and situations. It was better to play it safe.  To stay away from risk.  But life involves one risk after another, and some pain is unavoidable.  Life is learning to accept what is.
Instead of running away, I'm learning to look at the source of my distress.  As a result, I find that pain passes much more quickly, and what I gain is freedom from fear. I can learn to take an honest look at myself and my situation. I can reach out to a suppor-tive friend, God, prayer, and meet with others who care to help me to find the courage to deal with fear, pain, and risk. 
When I was avoiding taking risks, fear was always with me, just over my shoulder.  Now I go through it and come out the other side, often unscath-ed. I no longer have to keep a constant watch for dangers. Instead, I can oc-cupy myself with living.
Wonderful things can happen today because I welcome the thrill of participating in my own life.
****** 
'Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.  Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.'     Helen Keller
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to at-tempt." William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4
        These last words by Will were spoken in 1604.  They remain true today.  Progress occurs when principles are placed above not only our personality but also above our fears. 

         Sometimes this requires taking life not one day at a time.  

         It may be better stepping out in life fifteen minutes at a time, placing one foot in front of the other.  We take baby steps.  We seek God's will, relying upon His power.  It is easier, facing difficul-ties in small increments. Next, we B-R-E-A-T-H-E!  Then we do the same with the next fifteen minutes.  And the next, and the next after that, and so on.


          It helps having others we can call upon for support.  Serenity is ours because we no longer make decisions or take action alone. We are bond-ed with others who have our back. 

          On the airplane of life, our supportive com-munity rouses us forward.  We step out in faith, taking the plunge. We do the next right thing.  No matter how fearful. 

          These friends remind us we have our Higher Power along with us, each bit of the way. The parachute of principles holding us afloat, as we soar towards our goals.

        May your day be bold and fearless.  I'm here for you, 

1 comment:

Anne said...

It has been awhile since I checked into the inn. It reminded me of how to get back into life at the inn. What a wonderful place to stay during trying times. A place to go and reach out and look for answers among the wise.
I found a comment I added to the inn years ago when going through a change and saw in my own voice the hope sometimes sought in others. It reminded me of how capable I am at solving my own problems when I can share them with "healthy others".
I am glad I could reach out and didn't have to isolate.
I feel better already.
Thanks for being there,
Anne

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels