Tuesday, August 16

Courage Faces Fear & Thereby Masters It ............................... 8/16/11


       At 5:30 p.m., I met with two others for an hour and a half. They helped me plan what to do in order to improve my business, While eating dinner, we went over the six point outline I presented. There were at least nine sub-points for each major point. The time flew.

       The two who helped me were encouraging, yet practical. Jeepers. I ended up with an Action Plan that has nine steps I need to take to move closer to the vision I have for my business. We figured it'll take me about 2 months to get
everything done. (Update 8/23/11: Within seven days of this meeting I accomplished five of the tasks assigned me. It took me two days to recover from that burst of constructive energy, however.)  I'll take it one step at a time. I'm apprehensively excited about venturing into further growth, professional and financial.

      Afterwards, all three of us went to the meeting I've being attending for the past five weeks in San Rafael. I was the last person who spoke. Spontaneously, while talking about the steps I've taken to improve my business, those in the room applauded.

      That response is not something that happens frequently. Although I blushed when they acknowledged my efforts, their gesture was nonetheless gratifying. It's terrific being encouraged.

      Yesterday,  I forewent listening to one of my favorite pianists, Eric Shifrin, to prep for the meeting.  This morning, I deprived myself of sleeping eight hours. I rose early, doing what I could, to make the planning session successful. A meeting with a client, I rescheduled, in order to prepare for the event that happened at 5:30 p.m.

     It was all worth it.

     For a follow-up post that expresses my reflections about the growth and knowledge I gained by preparing for and attending today's business meeting, click here,   This link has become, within three days, the number one all-time post in this inn. 

1 comment:

Southern Cross said...

Courage faced fear and it won today. It was quite the battle but with help from my sponsor and a balcony person I have moved to a position with greater flexibility and more $$$.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels