Tuesday, August 30

Spoke At a New Place


      Hello everyone, good evening.

I'm missing my Malaysian friends. I hope you are doing alright. I haven't seen you in a few days.

      I thank my German, English and Spanish friends who've been dropping by daily this past month. Readers from India and Brazil have been regularly returning to this inn, too. Okay, my international guests, when may I hear from you? I'd love it if you shared your gratitudes in your native language.

      It would do us Americans good to learn another language besides English. We can definitely learn plenty from your cultures. Would it be possible for me to hear from you? It's just a request.....

      Have you noticed the improvements to this inn? The Attitude of Gratitude Inndex to your right, beneath the popular posts, has grown each day. From here on it will grow slowly, as the innkeeper adds to the inndex library.

      In the upper right corner of the inn, I've posted quotes from what's been written within this cozy place. Up above we have a new button: "Letting Go."  I believe you'll find that page helpful, especially if have lost your center and/or are addicted to unhealthy relationships.

      You might want to check out the tab: "It's Never My Responsibility To..., "  if you haven't already.

      There will be a new page added in the future. It's for those who'd like online counseling from yours truly. We can use Skype, the phone or arrange something online. More about that, later.In the meantime you can contact me at my e-mail address: PaulNorthernCal@aol.com.

       I hope you like the chocolates I've left on your pillow.

*******************************************************

     Golly. I spoke this evening before a large group. It was fun. At a different place where I've never been. I love it when I get into the rhythm of my talk. Such was the case tonight. I stayed afterwards and spoke with many who attended. Life is good.

     What did I speak about, you say? I shared about my getting my voice, learning how to walk the tightrope of differing with others, holding to my values, while still being kind and courteous. I spoke out about what I've been learning about processing disappointment.

      I shared that being a victim is a choice, not a destiny. It's my responsibility to get my needs met. Learning how to do so, without being obnoxious is the challenging part.

***************************************************8

My Gratitudes for Today:

1. I got a new client today. That's always good.
2.  Tonight, I completed a renovation project that I've been working on for this inn.

     I went back to very first post and worked towards the latest posts. I revised each post, added links, added graphics, references.  The posts were sorted by categories and placed within the ten page index located in the sidebar on the right wall of this inn  Ya ay,  I'm done!

     It looks like the index pages are helping. Our readership for this month is triple what it was last month. In one week alone we had one thousand viewers.

3. I heard from an old friend Coop. I wish it were under better circumstances---a cousin of his died this week.  Coop, you've my prayers.
4. I prepared for next week's meeting on Monday. It's the one I started. (Maybe that brunette  will drive by me again. :-> )
5. I had a wonderful conversation with the person who drove me to tonight's event. I enjoyed getting to know him. (No, it wasn't the brunette I encountered yesterday.)
6. I've been working with my son to resolve an issue. I'm grateful for his help. I enjoy the fellowship we share. It isn't because I'm his father and he's my son---we connect because we care for each other and desire to support each other.
Image: "Cumbria: Wooded Vale"  by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

2 comments:

BARBARA said...

Oh what a treat to have you speak last night. As you heard from many people, you were saying exactly what they needed to hear. I was feeling slightly giddy from the good energy in the room. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

On my recent retreat I picked up and read a book called "God of Our Understanding" by Rabbi Shais Taub. It was fasinating to read. I also just purchased "Discovering Our Choices" and I am eager to start that as well.

I am grateful that I have tried to keep an open mind even when every fiber of my being wanted me to revert to old, crazy behaviors. That is why you and others sharing their experinece, strength and hope is so vital.

Take care
Barbara

Pablo said...

Dear Barbara,

You probably know that in my next post I replied to your comments. Nonetheless, I'll add a few words here.

That night, I liked the time spent in Castro Valley, speaking to the group. I enjoyed hearing others and their responses to what I said. Their desire to transcend difficult circumstances was inspiring. The many attending revealed how many families and loved ones are affected by the disease of alcoholism, controlling personalities and emotional and verbal abuse.

Thanks for inviting me to speak. You're working hard at your own personal growth, creating a healthy legacy for you and your loved ones. Kudos to you!

When one member in a family starts taking healthy steps the whole family improves.

I hope to see you again; drop by again, your comments improve this inn!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels