Thursday, August 4

A Night That Had the Son ..................................8/4/12

     Good evening everyone,

I'm just in from spending time with a son. We went out for dinner, watching a Giants game at a restaurant loaded with flat screen TVs. They lost.  My son and I didn't.  We won: connecting and celebrating life with another is always a win..
I treasure one-on-one time with my sons.

My Gratitudes for Thursday:
1. I took today off.  The rest was needed and welcomed.  I indulged in time that nurtured me.  I decompressed.
2. It was heartwarming, bonding with my middle son, this evening.

      His love for me is deep, as is mine, towards him. We can talk about anything.  Accidentally, we came across a young woman I've known for a few years, that I hadn't seen in a year. She asked me where have I been.

      In two minutes she spilled out---while my son wandered away---what's happened since our last meeting. She met my son for the first time.  My encounter with her was fodder for conversation with my son.

3. His older brother and I will spend time next Tuesday.  He's extremely busy, with college, work and time with his girlfriend.  Sunday, was spent with my youngest, third son; he joined me when I serenaded a dying friend, Armida, for the last time.
4. I'm making progress with transitions that'll improve my business and social life---I'm moving to an island.
5. I made small steps towards solving practical issues that loom before me, clogging my mind.

    By taking care of these matters, I'm making amends to me.  As I deal with the unpleasant tasks related to living, I reduce clutter, both cognitive and emotional, that otherwise would tumble unceasingly within me.

6. I'm thankful I've learned the value of being patient with myself.  God knows my frame, including my emotions.
7. I got a new editor for the book I'm writing.  The last one was a woman.  It will be interesting to notice any differences in approach or perspective with this one, a male.  I grow and learn, when working with an editor.
8. Welcome to our new visitors this week from Morocco, Argentina, Chile, Guernsey, Indonesia, Iraq and India.

Image: "The Night Cometh" by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

3 comments:

ScooterSim said...

Glad we were able to spend some time talking as well. It was a busy Thursday for both us. Thank you for your prayers. Blessings to you and yours.

Pablo said...

Paul,

Thanks for dropping by! I was inspired by our conversation. I think us teaming together will help us both, professionally. It was great hearing what you are doing. You have my support, including my prayers.

It was so much easier talking on the phone, than through this inn or Facebook.

I'd enjoy hearing any gratitudes you may have.

Anonymous said...

Everybody is unlettered, retiring on diverse - subjects.2fw7o9re 2fz4k3tp 4gf4y5kv 6yl4v1xu 5bk9y3zw I'm a believer in punctuality but it makes me hugely lonely.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels