Friday, August 12

Joyful Even When Maligned .......8/12/11

"God’s love is measureless. It is more: it is boundless. It has
 no bounds because it is not a thing but a facet of the essen-
tial nature of God. His love is something He is, and because
He is infinite that love can enfold the whole created world in
itself and have room for ten thousand times ten thousand
 worlds beside."  A.W.Tozer   (Photographer's caption.)
     Hello, my friends. Thanks for dropping by.  I can't think of a better way of returning to this inn than seeing others sign the registry to this place.  You do so when you share three gratitudes you have for this lovely day!
My Gratitudes for Thursday:
1. Today,  I prepared for talks I'll give this month.
     One of them is tomorrow.  This is something I like doing.  I like the research involved.
      I appreciate mixing it up with the audience.  Public speaking forces me to be very clear about a topic, which is a good habit to have.
2. Two wonderful sessions with three clients, took place today.
     One session was with a couple.  I love my work.  Helping others become the person they want to be is fulfilling; I like helping others see healthy alternatives available that allow them to overcome challenges they face, be it anger, isolation, depression, you name it.
3. I deeply enjoy 5x8 cards.
      That surprises you, doesn't it?  I use them at work.  Clients like going home with something tangible that they can take home.
4. I love books.
      I wouldn't be me, if I didn't have them.  They are a treasure and pleasure in my life.  I'm not saying they need to be, for you, but they definitely are for me.
5. I'm thankful for markers, fine point pens, rulers and pencils.  They allow me to study books thoroughly---a pleasure of mine.
6. I had a conversation with my middle son last night, before bedding down.
    It lasted an hour. Connecting with him was heartening, hearing him open up.  We're spending the day together, tomorrow.  Family time provides intimacy like no other.
  
 Joyful When Maligned

      Recently, I was maligned, in writing. (For more on this subject, you can read here.)  That could hurt, if I placed my focus in the wrong area.  Instead, I rest in the fact that I'm powerless over others and issues that motivate their unkind behavior.

      I'm thankful for the following principle:
I block my well-being every time I base my self worth on what I do or what other people think of me.  Courage to Change, p. 118
I'm grateful for dear ones who provide positive emotional support. By bonding with them, it's easier detaching from hurtful others.
7. I'm enthused about living in Alameda.  I appreciate God working things out for the best. This is one area where He gave me the desire of my heart
8. I'm meeting with two people who've agreed to work with me. Their administrative work provides clarity with my business.
9.  I grateful for each of you who drop by. It's been great having guests from Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Nepal, India and England dropping by today. Thank you. Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to take a stab at, regarding dealing with pressure, relationships, discouragement or motivation.

How About You?
1. What do you like doing? For me, that will be giving a talk. It's like writing a poem. Really. There is a structure involved. I express myself and share ideas.
2. How do you respond when mistreated?  When I go through such a time, I inventory my behavior to see if I contributed to the other person's behavior.

        If  I feel good about my actions, I detach from those making my life difficult. I also make sure to spend time with those who are my Balcony People.
Related Posts

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels