Thursday, April 21

Restoring my Soul: The Value of Emotionally Healthy Friends ................................ 4/21/11


      Here I am, getting in my gratitudes before the day changes its name:

1. I'm thankful for spending time with a dear friend.

     He took time off of work to visit with me. That was a touching gesture: niiiiiiice, but unexpected.  I was not aware how he made the time for our visit, until the end, before we parted ways. It humbles me, having friends like him.
2. There's a joy in celebrating time together, with a kindred spirit. I was blessed to have such a time today. This friend I've known since I was twelve. See my previous post for more details.
3. I met with friends tonight. It's a regular routine. I posted this observation at another place, this week, but I'll share a paraphrase here, too.

      When I'm with supportive, safe friends, I hear others express out loud what I'm thinking inside. I'm grateful that the more I share secrets that I thought were so awful, with emotionally healthy friends, the more they are drawn to me and I to them.  I experience true intimacy. These dear ones love me unconditionally and are what I call my Balcony People. They are in the grandstands of my life, cheering my on, as I run the marathon of life.

       Life is more bearable when I experience encouragement, support, acceptance and understanding, something I have with my personal community. I drive 18 miles, to be with the friends I visit on Thursdays. I could meet with others who are a mile or five miles away, but being with this group of friends is worth the drive. It  boosts my spirit, enhances my sanity and feed my soul.

        How about the rest of you? What restores your spirit, when with friends? I'd love hearing  your thoughts on this subject, even if it's months later.  What do ya say?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels