Tuesday, April 26

Bringing Back to Life What Was Once Dead: Community


 
        Good afternoon everyone,

The holiday just celebrated, Easter, reminds us of an important truth. God delights in bringing back to life what once was dead. Let me say that again: God delights in bringing back to life what once was dead.  Perhaps some readers are not enjoying or experiencing community, that's a dead part in your life. Connecting with others is vital for a zesty life filled with enthusiasm. It feels good to find unconditional acceptance among others.


       So, take part in being a community by posting. Try it, you'll like it, as an old ad used to say. That's what is terrific about this place. We experience community. We weren't made to live in isolation. Our posts, connect us with others. We relate with those seeking positivity in  a world that wants us to wear the dark clothing of gloom and doom.  No, you can't see my encouraging smile, but believe me,  I have one for you.  I'm grateful for those sharing their gratitudes in this positive place in cyberspace.

       Just say "no can do" when entertaining negativity and thoughts of withdrawing into the cocoon of isolation and self-healing.  Such responses to life's woundings don't work. Instead, post away your gratitudes in this inn of hope.  They can be simple. You'll develop your gratitude muscles.  That's always an edifying exercise for your soul.

My gratitudes for today:

1. I'm grateful for new friends I'm meeting here and for the support of those I've known for awhile: they've become a part of my family of choice.
2. I'm thankful for lovely weather. I'm fortunate to live in California.
3. I'm happy that my joy is not contingent upon outward things---external issues. It's not based upon what I have, but in all the joy that I take. It's attitudinal.
4. I have phenomenal sons who humble me. I want to be like them, when I grow up. They've encountered huge challenges and yet are caring, supportive, spiritual, loving, generous and polite. Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of being their father!
5. I look forward to working on my gym, after I post this.
6. I'm joyful for learning marvelous principles over the past seven years that allow my character to grow tremendously.
7. I celebrate the maturity I experience, when I place principles above those areas in my life where I'm vulnerable and still need to grow.
8.  I'm thankful that God is patient and loving towards me. He's not upset at the pace I grow. I know a loving, gracious, kind, sweet Lord. I'm always in a loved position with Him, even when I sin, a concept that boggles my mind.

"There is now, no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
                                                                              Rom. 8:1

         How about you?  May I ask you to please share some of your gratitudes?  I'd love hearing them.

                    
                             The Innkeeper,

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels