Thursday, February 21

Delighting In Life, Responding, Not Reacting

Image: "Switzerland: Mountain Sunset" by  Tim Blessed
Gratitudes for This Lovely Evening: 
1.  I'm deliciously tired.
        I've cycled 113 miles, since Sunday.  I'm thriving----delighting in my health. 
"If we wanted to count the number of atoms in just one drop of water, it would take every single person on planet earth counting one atom every second for 20 thousand years!"     Rob Bell

     Such is the case when
celebrate the wonder and beauty of life and nature. This happens when we are free from obsession, fear and the need for control.

       Being healed from the painful moments of our past and knowing a life connected with a loving, patient and forgiving God and friends----my Balcony People----allows me to act spontaneously instead of exercising fearful control. I'm enjoying little things more frequently. (Paths to Recovery, p. 119)

       Ya ay!

2.  I had a delightful day filled with laughter----no tears in any of the sessions today.
3.  This inn passed the 96,000 views mark, in less than two years.

          I'm happy this cozy place in cyber space meets the needs of many for positivity, hope and thanksgiving.  Let me know what subjects you'd like me to cover. I'm always open for suggestions as to how we can make this inn better.

Responding,  Not Reacting

      This evening, my sons and I dined together.  There was warmth, even while enjoying ice cream for dessert at Englanders Pub, in San Leandro.
      Our conversation initially was intense. This easily happens when we react, and not respond.  As the evening went on, love, sensitivity and compassion replaced misunderstanding and judgment.
5.  I met with a new client today.  And will meet with another, tomorrow afternoon.  My business is thriving.
6.  I have greater clarity regarding a relationship I have. It provides me with greater understanding and ease. Ya ay!
7.  Today, when someone tried applying judgments towards me, I did not accept them.  It startled this person. I'm happy I'm able to hold my ground.
8.  I'm retiring early, tonight. I'm taking care of my welfare, getting rest, ease and letting my body decompress.
9.  Two people demanded my attention today.  I didn't respond to their emergencies. I do not allow the tyranny of the urgent to rule over the important, but less urgent matters I face.
10.  Someone received my support recently. Unfortunately he didn't reciprocate when I needed it, last night. Today, I spoke with him, letting him know I was disappointed and expected a relationship that was fair for me. He apologized. We'll see.

How About You? 
How have you taken a stand for yourself, recently?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels