Saturday, February 9

Warding Off Demons, Having Community With Healthy Others

"The admonition to love our neighbor refers to everybody
 who crosses our path, and we can show love in any num-
ber of ways great and small if we are open to the leading 
of the moment.  Even a simple smile or common courtesy
 is a form of love if expressed sincerely."  Image:
"Cumbria:Best Friends" by Tim Blessed, copyrighted
 photo.  All rights reserved.  The lovely caption is his.
     Good and eventful evening everyone,

I'm beginning to settle down.  A highly unusual afternoon was had.  With eight others, I went to help someone experiencing demonic oppression.  Yep, you read that correctly.

     It was quite an experience not only for that person, but also for me.  I'm glad I was
there.  I tried offsetting the intensity of the team----praying silently, while things transpired.

     It has been more than ten years since being in a similar circumstance.  After everyone left, I spent time with the person who was afflicted.  Together, we focused on an overlooked area of the house.

     Prior to this event, I felt the same as I do before giving  talk. It was like when I was younger----on the day of a track or cross country meet, or a wrestling match.  My anticipation and adrenaline grew stronger, each minute I drew closer to appointed hour.

      I checked with her late this evening, she and her family are doing fine, better than before.

My Gratitudes for Friday:
1. Today, someone tried prying into my past.  I did not allow that person to succeed. I don't care to be cross-examined.  I don't need to justify myself to anyone.  I'm thankful for boundaries.
2.  A session this morning with a client was outstanding.  We practiced her exercising nonviolent communication. We were able to define the feelings and needs of a loved one who easily gets agitated.

     She learned how to address an easily angered husband, who's in the grip of his own dragons. 
3.  I meet with a new client for the first time, tomorrow. I'm glad that the reach of my service is expanding. I enjoy helping others. I love my profession.
4.  I connected tonight with someone who is becoming increasingly dear.  Were planning on talking tomorrow, after I'm done with clients. I am happy that I'm able to say what I want and have the confidence to do so.

Connecting with Others
 
    I saw a movie with friends. Before entering the communal darkened room,  I connected with five managers who work at this twenty-five screen theater.  We visited for an hour. I care for these people. I've known many of them for years.

    My oldest son was a manager there, while in college, quitting last September.  Only recently, my youngest son started working there.

    It was fun talking with the managers, laughing with them, letting them know a bit more about me.  Our subject was the principles involved when dating.

Gratitude Number Five: 
    It feels good relating with others authentically.  Having in-depth, positive, conversations and enjoying laughter, and transparency with others----experiencing community----is an amazing blessing.   There is much to be said about experiencing healthy intimacy and closeness.

6.   It makes me happy, that I've created two books.  I'm giving it piecemeal, to the world, through what is shared here, in this inn of hope and positivity.  Thank God, for editors who are extracting what has been written and are putting it into a manageable form.

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

My Saturday Gratitudes are;

1. For loving family and friends who are there for me, often in invisible and unexpected ways.

2. The gift of writing that can transport us beyond time and space to express vast secrets of the human heart and soul.

3. To see my Mom again after more than five weeks, and serve her lunch, while my #2 son did her (somewhat perplexing list to decipher) weekly grocery shopping!

4. For that left-over theater popcorn, so tasty the next day as an evening snack!

5. For the seedy, yet gifted acting of old sliver-screen pro's like Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Alan Arkin!

6. For being privileged to witness this week the artful light-saber swordsmanship of a spiritual Luke Skywalker, as he literally drove Darth Vadar out of the room, before old Darth knew what hit him.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

You definitely win the Attitude of Gratitude Award for this week. As innkeeper of this place I'm duly authorized to bestow this honor upon you.

Thank you, for your regular contributions of positivity to the inn.

How has submitting gratitudes, regularly, helped you?

Did you notice any difference in your mother, since the last time you saw her?

What did you like best about the movie you saw on Friday?

We overcome bullies when we stay present, rely on His power, and principles derived from recovery. We want to use the strength of love and kindness, keeping an eye on ourselves, lest we be tempted to go over to the dark side. We are really engaged in the spiritual battle when immersed in a conflict.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels