Wednesday, February 6

Persistence Paying Off----Moving Beyond Exhaustion ..........2/6/13

The view when cycling around San Leandro Bay yesterday
My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1.  I had a different type of session with someone today.  I was his dating coach.  I've done this for several
others.  It was fun.  Wouldn't you have liked to be a fly on the wall?  But here is one principle I shared:
"Guard your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the issues of life."  Proverbs 4:23
2.  I persisted and took care of business this afternoon and evening.

      I worked, even though I was bushed. The thirty-three miles I cycled yesterday did me in. I also had four hours of sleep last night----I had appointments early this morning.

      I got through it even though I was exhausted from yesterday's and today's encounters with clients, plus my lack of sleep. The results were productive. One outcome is that I'll be meeting with a new client, starting next Thursday.  Another fruit of my efforts is additional sessions with a client who has been absent----she's been looking for work.

3.  A delightful conversation with a new client happened over the phone tonight. I'll be helping her to handle her relationship with her ex, he's abusive and demeaning.  We ended our conversation with prayer, which is always nice.
4. I have a date next week.  I look forward to our time together.  It's a result of yielding to common sense driven home by good friends.
5.  I'm saving my best gratitude for last.  I received a phone call from a new friend. Our talk was amazing. I enjoy how this person thinks. I appreciate his sensitivity and insights. It's wonderful developing a new friendship and enjoying the time we share.
6. Tomorrow I face something unpleasant. I trust God to be with me. I'm not sure how my the day will turn out. Even though I don't know the future, I  know Him who holds it. That's enough for me to rest at ease, but I would appreciate your prayers. 

How About You? 
What is something you need to do, even though you may not feel up to speed, and capable of doing it?

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Three cheers for your date next week! Truly hope that goes well. We will be standing by like Dumbo; all ears...

Also congratulations on how you handled your unpleasant task last night, as I was there. You spoke from a place of inner-calm, with dignity, clarity, and candor, (while honoring the anonymity of a colleague) yet laced with the sweet relief of brilliantly executed humor. That made your audience all the more receptive. Shakespeare could not have done better!

My early AM Gratitudes for Thursday are;

1. Joining "island friends" I have not seen in a while last night in a rich circle of fellowship.

2. Watching in awe last night as your Higher Power (the Holy Spirit...) orchestrated a perfect environment for your share.

3. Missing American Idol last night and realizing life still goes on; that maybe I did not miss much!

4. Not having to go to physical therapy today, nor having any other pending obligations so I can catch up on some overdue reading.

5. Looking forward to lunch today at Val's Burgers in Hayward (the best burgers in the East Bay Area!) with my older brother.

6. Looking forward to "Friday Night at the Movies" tomorrow night with friends, pop corn and soda!

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Wow, you make me blush with your high praise. If I could help Wm. Shakespeare's take off his shoes, I would have been a fortunate man.

He's the master, when it comes to wordsmithing.

Not a bad deal either, as I understand---you don't have to pay any expenses when you go to the movies---wow!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels