Tuesday, February 12

Questions from the Innkeeper

      Good morning,

     In what state do you find yourself?  For me, other than saying, "California,"  I am in a quizzical and energy depleted state.  I should be in bed.  I cycled eighteen miles after working a long day and it's a bit late.  The good news is that I can sleep in tomorrow morning.  I have the day off!

     I having fun with the variety my life has. For example, today took a
spiritual turn.  That's the nice aspect to my profession: no two days are alike. With a client I ended up sharing about the new nature we can have, when we have a restored relationship with God.

     I'm happy with life, even though I've faced challenges this weekend.  No matter, tomorrow will be telling. Can't wait to see what happens. Nurturing myself happened this evening. An hour and-a-half conversation with Stuart, a friend I've known for more than 35 years was a boost. 

     It was satisfying, processing what I'm going through with an old friend, someone who cares about me.

     The number of guests the past ten days has spiked.  We've had 3,500 guests visit the past eleven days, about 320 a day. It's hard keeping up with all the little chocolates I'm placing on everyone's pillow, at night. My back is hurting from turning down the blankets for all these guests.

     Work was cathartic for me, today, same too, with my clients.  I love my work. It's a gift. I'm able to use all of who I am and all of what I like to do: researching, and having healthy, affirming practical conversations.   **********
I'm re-listing questions I have for several  guests of this place. I look forward to knowing their replies. Once a person replies, I remove the question I had for them.

Alain, I'm impressed with the classes you are taking and enjoy our conversations.What makes your heart sing, today?
Broken, I wish you well in school. I'd love for you to share a poem, here in the inn. I'd post it over the fireplace in its living room.  What are you studying at this time?
Carl, thanks for your posts and comments. What are you liking best about your new knee?
His Answer:  My leg is now straight and longer.  I  stand taller, and don't limp. Also, all the ladies whistle at me when I pass by, something new!
Keith, I enjoy the positivity you add to the world. You have my prayers as you continue your graduate studies.  Have you had a date, recently?
Kelly, I'd love hearing from you. But I know an expectation is......   What do you do when you are discouraged, to lift your spirit?
Loredana, I love the photos you take.  Have you been to California, if so, what did you do?
Nalia, I miss your visits. You have my support, as you pursue your education. What play have you performed recently? Are you familiar with the play, Cyrano De Bergerac? What is your impression of it, if you've read or performed it? I'd love to know. Also, your impression of Henrik Ibsen?  I'm curious as to your experience with him and your reaction to his work.
Poppy, I am amazed at all the hard work you do. You inspire me.What is something you look forward to, this week?
Sonny, it was terrific, the time we shared.  I hope you find a rich time, as you visit the library of posts in this inn.  What was your high point for the past week?
Syd, I wish you strength as you handle the pressures with loved ones. How learning about radar helpful for you?  I'm sure you will use it in some way, I'm curious and want to know you better. 
Teresa, it would be wonderful to hear your gratitudes. You have done a fantastic job: your children are fabulous. How are you, today? I love you cat. But, is Luna spoiled! :->  You are blessed to have such an amazing family.   What do you look forward to, this week?
Vanessa, I treasure your visits and comments. Kudos to you, for competing your Masters! Wow!  What are two things that have your gratitude?

Gratitudes for Monday: 
1.  I rode my bike, at length today.   I invested in my mental health, doing so.
2.  I found my wallet. I thought I had lost it, forever.
3.  Tomorrow, I have off! Ya ay!  I will sleep in. Can't wait.
4.  I spent time in the Word. It nurtures my soul and spirit, when I do.
5.  I look forward to riding from Alameda to Castro Valley, a distance of 22 miles, one way.

How About You?   
a. Did you answer the questions I have for you, above? 
b.  What are your three gratitudes for today? 
 
I'm tired. I'll rework this post, after getting some rest.

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Thanks for your post and its great to hear you finally have some time off today!

My Tuesday Gratitudes are;

1. Some rare yet lovely and moving dreams early this morning with an elderly, sage Asian woman who seemed to embody the saintly essence of Mother Mary, Mother Theresa, and the Holy Spirit!

2. Quiet time this morning to write three greeting cards to my brother, my boss and colleagues at work, and to a fatherless young man in need of some guidance.

3. To meet this evening with healing circle friends to hear their tales of experience, strength, and hope, and possibly share some of my own.

4. To catch up on the latest news today from a dear friend about a budding romance that is slowly and gently unfolding in her world.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

I woke up an hour ago. It's invigorating, getting a decent night of rest.

Did you notice, in a recent comment, I awarded you with the Attitude of Gratitude award for the last week.

I so appreciate your regular, consistent contributions to this inn---especially with your gratitudes, your songs of praise!

I wonder what your subconscious was trying to communicate, as you dreamt?

Keep in mind Carl, discretion is needed when we are privy to the personal lives of others. It meets their need for safety and confidence.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels