Monday, February 4

Making Time for Me, Thankful for the Great Big Life I Enjoy

     Hello everyone,

My, was Monday an amazing day.  I saw many clients. The time at work was so intense that I needed to ride my bike for 33 miles when my day was done.

       I had a fright, when I stopped in Oakland, at the newish Walmart on Hegenberger, before I rode along a channel  and around San Leandro Bay, onwards towards Alameda.
My trip, outlined in blue. Click on this image  if you want a larger version.
     I couldn't find my
wallet. Was I relieved when I found it still in the pouch that hangs from the saddle of my bike, out in the parking lot.  Wow, was I lucky.
The SF peninsula before dark and it became twinkly.
     I went an extra fifteen miles, on my way home from San Leandro.  Cycling along the bay, taking in the cool weather as I pedaled hard.  It was dark, the twinkling, jagged backdrop of the San Francisco Peninsula was had, whenever I spied across the bay.

      Hundreds of bullfrogs serenaded me at a distance, instantly stopping, whenever I sped by----at twenty miles per hour----one of their congregations.  I have a cyclometer that measures my efforts.  I've put in 88 miles in the first four days of February.  

      My headlight worked as I moved along the darkened SF Bay Trail that skims the edge of the shore.  There were no other lights on the trail.  The quiet lapping of the bay waters and the occasional fluttering of waterfowl accompanied me, as I rolled my pent-up stress through my legs and out of my body.

      Ahh!

      Now I know how a hamster feels in the middle of the night.  Just as long as I don't get his jowls.

    On the other hand, it felt good, riding.  I was happy crossing the High St. Bridge, entering my adopted town of Alameda.  The tree-lined street of Gibbons greeted me.  I moseyed, in my non-direct way towards home, loving every minute of carefree and stress-reducing cycling.

    Breathing in serenity, feeling my legs being taxed as I rode at upwards to 27 mph was a great antidote for the demanding day I endured. Life is good, when we nurture ourselves.

    I love the homes in this island town.  It has the most Victorian homes, per capita, of any city in the United States.  When I arrived home I was refreshingly beat.

My Gratitudes for Monday: 

1. I made time to celebrate life.
2. I am thankful that today I was able to help many who suffer from the challenges that life sometimes presents.
3. I will be answering all those who have made recent comments. Check the older posts. You'll see that I've replied to each of you. Doing so meets my need for closeness, communication and togetherness.
4.  I'm happy with life. It is rich, fulfilling, I have purpose and hope. Life doesn't get better than that.
5.  I look forward to filing, much, this week. I enjoy the order, ease, tranquility, clarity it provides. It also feeds my inner adult.

How About You?
What are your three gratitudes for today? I'd love hearing them.

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

I read your Monday post with great interest and enjoyment. To read you is like savoring a good, house-made, Tiramisu (which translated means "pick-me-up," or "make me happy!")with a cup of strong Cappuccino!

My Gratitudes for Tuesday, February 5 are;

1. Healing from and letting go of our home teams Superbowl loss. Our young QB and superb team will be back, stronger than ever!

2. Not being overcome with "cabin fever" while yet not having left our home by car on errands,etc., today...a genuine rarity.

3. Enjoying the mutual civility and respect we can share with our #2 and #3 sons, on the foundation of recently strongly reiterating our needs and boundaries.

4. The early arrival of a new, dearly needed and long overdue all-in-one printer, (which my wife won in a sales contest) and how handily our #4 son set it all up!

5. How our free-firewood fueled wood burning stove downstairs can heat the core of our sparsely insulated, early 1950's home, and save greatly on fuel costs.

6. Stumbling upon a perfectly produced KQED public television program tonight entitled; "Something Ventured: Risk, Reward, and the Original Venture Capitalists."

It tells the story of the creation of an industry that went on to become the single greatest engine of innovation and economic growth in the 20th century. It is told by the visionary risk-takers who dared to make it happen... Tom Perkins, Don Valentine, Arthur Rock, Dick Kramlich and others. The film also includes some of our finest entrepreneurs sharing how they worked with these venture capitalists to grow world-class companies like Intel, Apple, Cisco, Atari, Genentech, Tandem and others.

It airs again Wednesday, Feb. 6 on Channel 9 at 8:30 PM.

Even my (perpetually on the go) 20 year old entrepreneurial son and his gal-pal paused for several minutes to take it in - another rarity!

7. That I will be able to buy some software tomorrow that should fix my laptop's email send/receive problems, finally!

8. That I can join some friends tomorrow night to share in a regular meeting our experience, strength and hope, while supporting my mentor in his urgent and noble quest for respect, justice and maintaining the integrity of that safe space we share in community.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your encouragements! It was tough,witnessing the Niners lose,I agree.

You must be happy with the new addition to your office.

How did the KQED production meet your needs? I'm curious.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels