Wednesday, October 19

Relieving Stress Through Intensity: Go Figure. The Innkeeper Raced a Go Kart Tonight

Actual picture of part of the track
   Hello everyone,

I added to yesterday's post. You might want to take a look at it again.

     I just got in from spending the evening with my sons. Was it great! My arms are a bit sore. We went to the Le Mans Karting Race Track in Fremont and had a blast. Hanging on to the steering wheel
tightly as I raced through the turns had me exerting my arm muscles more than I normally do. Thus, the soreness. 

    The go karts moved at 45 miles an hour. It seems much faster when you're whizzing through the race track, one inch off the ground. My sons raced better than me, but that's fine.

    We had an evening we won't forget. The bounce in their steps and the grins they wore as we climbed into my car reflected the thrills they had tonight. For two hours, we scampered around the track, getting bumped by other participants who sought to get by.  We were in four races, two among us family members and two where we competed against more experienced strangers who joined us while we were there.

     Dinner followed, with us enjoying our time together. After eating, we shopped for clothes for the young man celebrating his birthday, Josiah, my youngest son of three.

My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 

1. Nothing beats spending time with family. I'm deeply grateful for the harmony, love and excitement we shared tonight. In addition, we spent time with God. We prayed before concluding our evening together.

    I'm humbled to have amazing sons who are alsoconnected with Him.
2. I'm thrilled to have Josiah as my son. He's the one whose birthday we celebrated.I remember his birth like it happened this morning. I'm grateful for the love he has towards God. He's polite, considerate, kind and a hard worker. On top of that, he's a gifted musician.
3. I look forward to sharing, in this inn, thoughts resulting from recent experiences, like this past Sunday. I'm happy seeing growth in my spiritual walk. It's wonderful knowing deep peace and tremendous joy at the same time. 

I'm tired so I'll talk with you tomorrow. I've shared my gratitudes. You know by now the routine for this place. Would it be possible for me to hear what makes your heart sing for joy? Thanks!

2 comments:

Last 100 Days as an Alcoholic said...

Love your blog, thanks for sharing your inspirations.

Pablo said...

Thanks for dropping by, reading and commenting! Glad to have you here.

I appreciate hearing from you. Let me know if I can make your stays in the inn more comfortable. You might have a topic we might want to discuss here.

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels