Saturday, October 1

Finding Balance During a Busy Month.............. 10/1/11

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our
hearts are conscious of our treasures.”  Thornton Wilder
     Good late evening everyone,

What a month that just concluded.  In September, we had more guests to this inn than the previous six months combined. More than half of our viewers
started cooling their heels here, in the month that marked autumn.

1.  I'm glad more people have discovered this inn, an encouraging corner on the cyberspace highway.  I enjoy the fellowship and community we share here.

     "Still Learning," "Creating a Better Today" and  "Defensive Hope, Not a Good Deal," in that order, were the most highly read posts in month that marked the beginning of autumn.

     This month my business grew, I spoke at 8 events, moved to a new town, got a 21 speed mountain bike, started a new group session that I'm leading on Mondays, added several new clients and am working on features that I hope will enhance my business.

2.  I'm thankful for priorities, order, structure, a watch that has a countdown timer to keep me focused, 15 minutes at a time, and 5 alarms.

3. I'm grateful for more competence, effectiveness and productivity while still making time to listen to music, sleep, exercise and spend time with friends and family.

      In the midst of the challenging month I'm happy to report that I slowed down.  Yep, I did.  I've been sleeping more, making more time for myself and eating healthier food.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels