1. Speak truth. But, do so gently. "The mouth of the wise commends knowledge. But from the mouth of the fool gushes folly." Proverbs 15:2
2. Be present. Share what is alive within me, graciously. This means not being triggered or motivated by fear. Presence is possible when we are
relaxed, comfortable in our own skin.
3. If immersed in issue filled with nettles, disengage, and get perspective. However, being an adult means seeing conflicts as normal, not catastrophes. We are no longer seven or nine years old.
4. Time out, when something troubles me, when with another. Say what I feel and want. Then find out the response of the other person. Help them discuss their feelings and needs, too.
5. Compassion means listening to understand, not reply.
6. New legacies can overrule default modes of being controlling, critical, negative or guilt inducers. It requires consciousness, to create improvements in how we respond when angry or disappointed. It also requires a mindset of doing what is in the best interest of everyone, not just ourselves.
7. The slogan, "Let It Begin With Me" is important. Be the change we desire to see in relationships. One life showing the way is better than ten tongues trying to describe it.
8. Relate with others to discover the outcome, not to manipulate in order to get the one I want.
9. Mutuality, sensitivity, compassion and emotional safety are key for any relationship to thrive.
10. Translate the need that lies beneath the criticism or judgment of an other. Initially this is hard to do. It is easy becoming defensive, when new to nonviolent communication and getting real with others.
My greatest dreams realized. I think. Greater clarity shall appear soon. Still, I am delighted, chuffed to bits (British slang). Indeed.
I love my life, I love my work, I love my family, I love my friends. Thrilled, I am with the shape and course of my life.
What was at stake was more valuable than anything I have known. What was God's strategy?
I was blown away this afternoon. For a while, not thinking straight, I was be-sides myself. Not common---but this time is was a moment of luxuriating in all the good happening in my life!
How About You?
What is some good news you have recently received?