Saturday, December 13

Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?..... 12/13/14

You may feel that the world is too messed up, that too
many wrong choices have been made,that it doesn't
matter much what you do, that it's hopeless. But that's
not true. Just as every problem can be traced to a wrong
decision, every solution begins with a wise and loving
decision to do the right thing, the loving and unselfish
thing.

A little bit of love can make a lot of difference. One act
of kindness or unselfishness can start a whole chain re-
action of events that will, in the long run, make life a
lot better for a lot of people. So don't despair because
there is so much suffering and grief and wrong in the
 world. Instead, do what you can to make things right
and encourage others to do the same. The world won't
 change in a day, but we can make a difference if we
try. (Photographer's caption) All rights reserved.


Saturday's Gratitudes:
1. I made time for me.  I had a migraine headache last night.  I slowed down today.
2. I'm thankful for discernment that allows me to avoid others who are not good for me.
3. Rain.  Plenty of it.  We needed it.  I also like how creates a different mood.  It makes hunkering down and reading a pleasure to do.
4. Wrote a letter today.  I enjoy letter writing.
 With someone in particular we have written over 487 letters in less than two years.
5.  The best part of my week starts tomorrow morning.  I can't wait.
Being Busy
       I'm planning for a trip. I write every day,  for two-to-three hours, having done so for four years, three months.  I'm changing the nature of the relationships I've had.  I mentor several and am working on a book.  I have a busy practice.  Other than that, I'm not busy. (You know I'm joking.)

        Do you know what it means when we are too busy?  It means we are too busy.

        I've been excessively busy. I'm glad I took time today investing in my sanity and serenity. I luxuriated in a Sabbath rest, normally I don't do so on a Saturday. 

        I let my body, and more importantly, my mind and soul catch up with all that I've been immersed in.  It isn't exciting living in a swirl of activity.  I've learned that being involved with too many projects is a form of self-abuse.  Society and our families encourage this behavior.  This was especially true when we were growing up.  It was a way of not coming to terms with our feelings.

        Nope, being busy isn't exciting.  Boring is good.  Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity.

        Today,  I invested in me.  I cooked nutritious meals, the result of slowing down. I read at length. I took deep breaths. I went outside and breathed in the crisp air and delighted in the clouds above and the chirping of birds. I did not speak with others, either by phone or in person.  I made time for me.  You might want to check out this post .
6. From them, I hope others find values they can place above the vulnerable parts of their lives, as they travel life's journey. Healthy principles are the slate stones that allow us to cross the boggy areas of life. (For more about these slate stones, please click here.)
       Critical is our attitude; optimism and a heart of thanks goes a long way towards reaching our goals and enjoying life fully. You might want to revisit this post for the vision of this inn.  One quote from the previous link:
All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it is truer to say that complaining leads people to becoming unhappy.
This passage reminds us of the negative power contained when we complain. There's a healthier alternative; giving thanks---sharing our gratitudes.

        We can  be thankful for clarity in our relationships with others. Communicating our boundaries helps.  People can't intuit our needs.  It's our job expressing them. We get what we tolerate.

   A tired innkeeper. I would be more tired if I hadn't rested today.  I will re-work this in the afternoon on Sunday.  

Image: "Switzerland: Mountains Beyond" by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission  

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels