Monday, November 12

Connecting With God: Discovering A Cache of Bread Available to All ...........................11/12/12


To live a spiritual life we must first find the courage to enter the desert of our loneliness and to change it by gentle and persistent efforts into a garden of solitude.  Henri Nouwen



     Good evening,

Today was terrific.  How did it go for you?  Do you get frustrated,
feeling at the end of your rope?  I know the answer for many is taking medications.

     Unfortunately, they frequently mask the real issue.  Usually, it's better learning how to discharge the stresses, traumas and painful memories that get locked up within our bodies.  Medications can hibernate the problem---the troubling issue is not addressed, using a pill.

     I've found it helpful developing my connection with God.  More about that, after the following gratitudes.

Gratitudes for Monday:
1. I had a good day at the office.  I faced a challenge, handling it with grace.
2. The work an intern is doing is a welcome addition to my normal day.  I appreciate her diligence, thoroughness and energy.
3. I exercised today: I rode my bike for 14 miles. The weather was cold for a Californian: 50 degrees. It was a joy cycling.  I went to Oakland, attending a business meeting in the evening.
4. Today, I was reminded that God is my source of provision.  I'm glad that He can do for me what I can't do for myself.
5. I enjoy how my profession forces me to grow.  I've been spending time learning how to better help those who suffer from depression and self-loathing.  It's been a wonderful journey, what I've learned over the past few months.
6.  I look forward to speaking before a large crowd Saturday morning. My topic is "Overcoming Challenges With Thankfulness"  Are you surprised?

Connecting With A Loving, Patient, Gracious God      Yes, It's Possible

      I was with friends this evening. The subject of our conversation was our spiritual walk.  My heart went out to those attending who don't have a connection with God, who struggle in the area of spirituality.

      I would not be the man I am if it were not for the relationship I have with the Almighty.  My spiritual walk provides me with the hope, serenity, perspective, peace, poise and power I need to handle whatever difficulties life tosses my way.

     My spirituality has nothing to do with my capabilities or worthiness.  I'm simply a lucky guy.  I've discovered a marvelous cache of bread (the fellowship I have with God).  This Bread of Life is to available to all who want it.

     What I enjoy most about my relationship with God is the gentle love He has for me.  He is patient, supportive and gracious towards me.  Wow.

    If you'd like more details, how you can have this type of spiritual connection with the Almighty, please write me, I'd be happy to share with you what has worked for me, for more than thirty years.
How About You? 
How would you describe your spirituality? Are you happy with your current status?  Please let me know.  What do you:
a. Like best about your relationship with God?
b. Like the least about your relationship with Him?

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have recently begun to explore my spirituality on a deeper level. I'm in one of those places where I am trying to find a church to call "home"...I figure I'll know the right one by the way it makes me feel when I walk through the doors.

Anonymous said...

It's very difficult to answer the question of how's one's relationship with God.It's so personal!Furthermore,I don't want to influence anyone's feelings towards God.In my opinion,each and everyone has to undertake this journey alone and then decide for himself.
What I can say from my experience,is that God never really leaves you alone.Even when one thinks He does.Yet,I'm convinced that God wants us to be confident in ourselves,take decisions for our life on our own and not to mess around.If we are true to ourselves,He'll make the road for us easy.Otherwise,I believe He won't.I believe God wants us to become what we are in our essence.He gave us the essence,and when we reach it - we reach Him.
However,this is only my thinking.Everyone's journey is different,because we're all unique.
Many greetings :o)!

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Today I am grateful for;

1. A long weekend with friends in the quiet, wine-country Autumn, and a short work-week.

2. Resolving minor glitches with customers at work through reaching out in-person.

3. A one-hour nap that somehow turned into four and a half!

4. The chance to practice one of my favorite slogans, "Don't just do something, stand (or sit) there!"...in the cool, waning light of a Bay Area dusk.

Pablo said...

Keith,

Glad to have you back. Good luck in your search for a church!

Thanks for sharing what's going on with you.

Pablo said...

Jasmina,

Thank you for posting. All I asked for was the nature of your relationship with God. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about God and how you perceive his nature.

I appreciate you coming by, reading and posting your comments!

Wishing you a terrific week!

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

Glad to hear you had a fine weekend, getting away.

Good for you, you got rest!

Thanks, Carl, for dropping by.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels