Sunday, November 25

The Fruit of Character Growth: Greater Serenity and Emotional Safety

Thinking of you who live in colder climes
    Good evening everyone,

Mine was, so was my day.  I had an eventful Sunday. I visited a local church for the first time.  It was good experience.  I

went with a friend. The music was terrific, the message given, powerful.

    Afterwards, I met many new people. It was fun remembering the names of everyone.  This event was an opportunity to practice discernment.  I'm glad I did.

    This evening, I worked for two hours, making eight business calls.  Time spent with my business team and their coaching, paid off.  The results of tonight's conversations over the phone were exceptional.  Appointments with five new clients were booked for the next two days.  Wow.

     In the midst of my business conversations, my oldest son called me.  I appreciate his support and wisdom. Business is his forte---he always won at Monopoly, when he was a kid.  Recently he graduated from college with a business degree.  It was great sharing with him the results of the diligent work on the phone.

My Gratitudes for Sunday:
1. I heard a great sermon. I appreciate the growth and aliveness it provided.
2. I changed my normal routine. Variety is good. At least, it stimulated many dendrites in my mind, forestalling dementia.  :->
3. I was spent time with a woman today. I was grateful observing her behavior when we were with others.  I appreciated her humor, laughter and spontaneity.
4. I exercised discipline this evening.

Placing Principles Above My Personality
 I do well on the phone. But, that doesn't mean it's easy. I'm glad I did what I needed to do. The results were fabulous. This evening reminded me of a quote I post in this inn, from time-to-time:
"Success does not depend on how well we do the things we enjoy, but in how conscientiously we perform those duties that we don't."                           John Maxwell, Developing the Leader Within You. 
 
5. I celebrate that the growth in my business has caused me to grow.

        I'm responding to needs and feedback I'm getting from clients and prospective clients. I enjoy the fun that's involved when I solve problems related to my profession.

       Today, I implemented a new business model. The outcome was that one client that recently had to stop using my services resumed her appointments.

        As I quoted in my second post in this inn,
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal."   Henry Ford
Today, I kept my eyes on my goal. 

 6.  I like the increasing peace, serenity and emotional safety I feel when I apply principles to overcome areas that were once daunting.

      I'm grateful for stretching beyond my normal to life. It was nice visiting with a new female friend. Nicer yet was the improved discernment I enjoy, the result of working on my character over the past nine years. It's an essential quality to have at all times, but especially when relating to the opposite sex. 

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

"I'm grateful for stretching beyond my normal patterns to life." This is something I have been working on as well. I enjoy following your journey Pablo.

Pablo said...

Thank you, Keith.

What is it about observing my journey that you like, if I may ask? What needs of yours are met, in doing so?

I always learn from others. Your answer would help provide more clarity, if you don't mind answering.

May this week be fantastic for you!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels