Saturday, November 10

The Innkeeper's Vision. Also the Supportive Power of Community

"Where there is no vision,
 the people perish."
   Good evening,

How was your day?  The weather is getting nippier.  I rested today, taking it slow.  Most of us like being encouraged, don't you agree? I find it's a better alternative to depression or being stressed out.  I find having a vision helps.  We'll get to that after I post the following list that makes my heart grateful.

My Gratitudes for Today:
1.  I thank God for His loving patience towards me.  As a result, I'm comfortable with the
shape and pace of my life, I have peace of mind and have a foundation of security that provides me with serenity when the world around me is shaking by its foundations.
2. It's comforting knowing that everything I have gone through has been preparing me for this very moment. Knowing God's protection and his abundant love for me allows me to know peace, not fear, while journeying through life's difficult moments.
3.  I appreciate those who provide greater clarity about how I can develop my business.
     Their wisdom is helping me better serve my clients and community.  Recent advice from three people caused me to revamp my priorities, improving my effectiveness. I realize I cannot provide the service I want to offer by my business operating the way it was.
      I appreciate the stimulation, discovery and the greater hope I have, because of those who have been advising me.
4. I enjoy greater awareness. I live within a community of wonderful, supportive others.  My perspective is limited.  Keeping an open mind helps me move forward.
Two are better than one, for they have a rich reward for their labor. For if one falls, he has another to lift him up.  But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has not another to lift him up. If one shall prevail against him, two shall withstand him.....A three-fold cord is not quickly snapped. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
5.  Yesterday, I met with someone who began interning for my business.  Our time was productive.  I appreciate her intelligence, attitude and her creativity.
     She is working on getting me on some radio talkshows. That will be fun.

6. Less than a week from now I'll speak on overcoming challenges using thankfulness. I pray that I'll help many who are frustrated and seeking answers to life's knotty issues.
7. I met with Stuart the other day, that's twice in one week.  It's wonderful having friends I've known since my youth. His wisdom inspired me---he was one of the persons who provided great business ideas that I'll start using.

My Vision
     I like the vision I have.  It' the result of time I've spent with God.  In recovery, an essential step is:
"Through prayer and meditation, to increase our conscious contact with God, as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will and the power to carry it out."
This is known as Step 11, which is the theme for this, the eleventh month.

The following is my vision for the work I do. I enjoy helping others become the person they want to be. I desire to:

      a. Allow others to know the fullness of their feelings without being overwhelmed by them.
      b. Enable clients to stand for their values without standing against their fellows.
      c. Guide others towards knowing serenity and sanity, even in the midst of difficult, trying times.
      d. Let those I serve experience freedom from the difficulties and traumas they experienced in their formative years.
     I enjoy assisting others as they escape from turmoil, guilt, insecurity, rage and fear they've knew since their childhood.
      e.  Help others know hope, forgiveness, friendship and love.
      f. Help others "let go of their tight-fisted control of life. For only then can we accept the guidance of a Power greater than ourselves."  (From Survival to Recovery, p 268)
 
      I'm a lucky guy. I know healing from damaged emotions. It's due to having relationships where I am trusted and I trust those who are part of my supportive community---my Balcony People.

      Thanks for dropping by. I look forward to hearing from you. When you post comments, you contribute to the warmth of this inn and the community we share.

How About You?
     What is your vision? If you don't have one, perhaps this is a good month for you to work on yours. I believe it helps when we connect with the God of our understanding.

      I don't think the question should be whether God is in our heart.  I find that perspective egocentric. The real question is asking, "are we in the heart of God,  are we doing His will?"  When you find yourself in that place, you will have a greater Attitude of Gratitude, along with increased joy and thankfulness, which is what this season is all about.

      Wishing you clearer vision,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,I've got a vision!I still have to polish it a bit,but it's there.
As I wrote in my comment by your last post...we do God's will,when we're true to ourselves :)...
But,that's just my opinion,based on my experience.

My only wish is that my vision will benefit others,too.My family,friends...the world :).

Greetings...

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels