Sunday, November 18

The Innkeeper Was Surprised ........................11/18/12

I'll  have one of these moments.
See number 4 below.
      Good evening,

How was your Sunday?   I get the feeling that this day may become a red letter day for me, in the future. Time will tell.  I slept well last night, for
more than eight hours. That's not common for me.

      I met with friends briefly, had a lovely conversation with a neighbor, got groceries (thankful for the rack on my bike), and met with my friend of thirty-five years, Stuart, at 3:00 p.m.

      We went to the Blue Danube coffee house and visited.  Stuart surprised me with an unexpected gift----an attachable bag that fits behind the seat of my bike, perfect for holding my wallet. He was with me when I lost my wallet while riding the other week.  I guess it traumatized him, too. :->

      It's been great seeing more of him lately. And, no, it's not because he gave me a gift. There's something to be said about friends we've known for quite awhile.  There's a comfort I find with those who've seen me through many seasons of life.

My Gratitudes for Sunday: 
1. I feel rested. I'm thankful for my good health and the warm memories I have of yesterday.
2. I'm happy---Stuart's thoughtful gift lifted my spirits, and they were in a pretty good place to begin with.
3. Tomorrow, I look forward to contacting several people who are interested in my services.  I have thirty-seven people that I need to call. I'll call ten of them.
4. Soon, I'll have a date with a woman I've met recently.  That's will be interesting. What is most important is her character. Will she be a good listener?  That is an important quality in any relationship I have.  Normally, if I'm not careful, I do all the listening.  Soon enough, I'll find out.  I'll keep you posted. :->
How About You?
What are your three gratitudes for today?

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

How thoughtful of Stuart to do that! It's truly wonderful to see just how thoughtful people can be sometimes.

Carl H said...

Today I am Grateful for;

1. An answer to prayer about how to position a sensitive matter that needs to be addressed with a superior at work tomorrow; standing up to a sometimes emotional bully with grace, dignity and firmness.

2. Being able to process a high-strung chef-clients anger with me, by taking care of myself via a much-needed, delicious, late lunch burger, some accidental-thus-free fries, and robust lap-swimming, jacuzzi and steam at the gym.

3. Reminding two sons and their friend of an important boundary of mine, which they sincerely took to heart, respected and honored.

4. Realizing I'd already done my homework last week, that is due tomorrow evening! Like finding a surprise $20 bill in your Levi's!

Pablo said...

Keith,

I agree with you. I consider receiving an unexpected gift as a kiss from God, letting me me know, in a tangible way, God's ongoing love for me.

I hope your Thanksgiving was all you wished for it to be. Have a great weekend!

Pablo said...

Carl,

How did the answer to your prayer regarding your boss come about? You have my curiosity.

Are you feeling stronger, as you share your needs/boundaries with others? What happened within you, when you observed your sons and their friend honoring your values?

Thank you for regularly dropping by. I appreciate it when you brighten this inn with your gratitudes!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels