Saturday, November 17

An Amazingly Good Day

         Overcoming depression, seeking help through counseling, overwhelming fear and anxiety are the experience of many. Learning how to enjoy the Great Big Life God wants us to have is the dream of many.

       This morning, I spoke to a large crowd on how we can have the healing and abundance we seek.

       I'm tired but thrilled will the beauty life offers.  I went to bed this morning at 3:00 a.m. and rose at 6:45 a.m.. I know, I was a bad kitty.

       Today's gratitudes are marked in purple.  Am I a blessed man.  I spent time with family and friends, met new ones today, where I spoke.  I used my gifts in service to others and was fortunate enough to make my life count.  Life doesn't get more fulfilling than that.

       All of today's gratitudes are listed in purple.  My prayer is that you will have a purple day, too, on Sunday.  As is my custom, I conclude this Saturday post with a request for all visitors to please share your low and high points for this week.

      The results of my talk today was
beyond amazing.  I'm humbled that many are hungry for personal growth.  I spoke about "Overcoming Challenges With Thanksgiving."

      The room was packed out.  Best of all, two of my sons attended.  That meant much to me.  They even enjoyed what I said, and even told me so, without prompting.  I spoke for 45 minutes.  No one wanted to leave.  As a result of my talk, 37 people inquired about my services, giving me their contact information.  Wow.

       I was thankful for God being with me while I spoke. I do very little of any value, apart from Him.  Several clients attended. They saw another side to me.  Each one approached me afterwards, happy they attended. That's another wow.

       My sons and I were together from 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.  After the event, we lunched, and shopped for a bicycle for my youngest son, Josiah.  The store, Alameda Cycle, gave me a band that prevents my pants from catching on a bike sprocket, for free.  When I went to the cash register to pay, they laughed and said they wouldn't take my money, for me to keep it.

     That's never happened before, in a retail store, ever.  I love the small town feel of Alameda.  I'm a small town type of guy.

     An Aerobie was tossed for an hour at Crab Cove until I flung it beyond Pablo Jr.'s reach and it plopped into the bay that perimetered the southern portion of the park.  Oops.

     We continued our fun by moving over to the west shore, flying stunt kites for ninety minutes. The wind was blustery.  An approaching rain storm brought along great wind currents.

     We made like Benjamin Franklin and flew our kites in the threatening weather. Fortunately we didn't have a shocking experience.  The menacing dark grey clouds slowly approaching us from the San Francisco Peninsula added a thrilling ominous air to our time along the west shore.

     Eating soft cone ice cream while discussing business capped our evening.  I'm learning so many excellent things from my oldest son, who graduated last June with a business degree.  I'm applying what I'm learning in my practice.  It warms my heart seeing the amazing gifts and abilities he has.

     Good night, I'll talk with you tomorrow.

How About You? 
What was your low point for this week? What was you high point for the past seven days? 

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

Contratulations on your successful speaking engagement today! Your sons must have been very proud of you!

Tonight I am grateful for;

1. A constructive conversation with our #2 son.

2. Taking time to treat ourselves to Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant in "Charade," followed by an excellent documentary on her life; all commercial-free on PBS!

3. That our home can be a warm and loving way-station and refuge for the many friends of our four sons; some who love with us and some who are just "passing through."

4. The delicious pumpkin pie from the parents of one of our youthful visitors.

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

It was an honor to speak to the fantastic and receptive crowd I had yesterday.

What difference are you finding, when you speak with your sons, now that you have a few months of recovery under your belt?

Glad to hear you were able to decompress with your family, watching movies.

Carl, it sounds like your home is an inn of sorts, too. May God guide you as you interact with all who pass through the portal of your doorstep, is my prayer.

Wishing you a great day, tomorrow.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels