Wednesday, July 2

A Rich Day ......... 7/2/14

Abundance is not in how much we have, but in how much we enjoy. 
         I'm enjoying plenty.

        Hi there.  Thank you, for visiting.  I am happy, proud, confused,  filled with a sense of ease.  Today, spending time with someone special---at length, was encouraging, uplifting. That filled the rest of my day with
joy.

        The night was spent with friends.  A warm, loving time with genuinely caring people was a pick-me-up, also.  This was the first time someone led the meeting.  Actually, this was the first time she guided any group in her entire life.  I was proud seeing how well she did, and happy.

        Her honesty, sincerity and authenticity was transcendent.  When she shared and guided the group, everyone supported her, aware this was a breakthrough moment.  Encouraging smiles, beaming faces, and goodwill directed towards her let me know I was spending my time at the right place.

        Tired and exhausted I have been for the past few weeks.  I lived in three different places the last two months. Now, I'm settled, having my own home.  Being with tonight's loving community provided stability, comfort, closeness and the emotional safety I needed.

        The evening was a welcomed antidote to this morning.  I purchased a feature with Skype that isn't working.  I was trapped in a customer service hell while seeking help.  There were no live people to talk to for help.  It's important having the service I purchased.

         Being stymied is not what I needed,  especially when I am physically worn out.  For now, I will let it go and leave my concerns about this problem in God's hands. I am powerless over my dealings with Skype.
 Innkeeper's Note the problem was solved the next day. Skype read my e-mail and fixed the vexing issue. I so love Step One. (See the second half.) I used the slogan "Let Go and Let God."  It delivered me from unnecessary and unwanted angst.
My Gratitudes: 
1.  Time with friends tonight.  There was a sweet spirit that included laughter.  I am thankful for belonging to an affectionate, appreciative, close, open-hearted community.
2.  Observing the person who led tonight.  This individual I have been helping her for over a year.  I am happy contributing towards her well-being and characterological growth.
3.   For those of you who post comments.  Thank you for adding to the community shared here.
4.   For an in-depth time with someone who has my strongest attention.  We are working on a project together, nearing the end of it.  I have gotten to know this person much better, in the process. The results are not surprising.  This individual is the most amazing person I ever met.
      When I grow up, I hope I can have the same personality and wisdom.  I appreciate the inspiration, growth and learning I have experienced by knowing this person.
5.  Yesterday, I completed my fifth poem in eight months.  My greatest output in this literary style, in that amount of time.  I love feeling life radiating through me, when immersed in writing, especially while writing verse.

How About You? 
What are your three gratitudes for today? 

2 comments:

Dina Toyoda said...

I regret that I couldn't be present at the meeting, especially after reading our blog. It sounds uplifting! I hope to make changes in my schedule that will allow me to be free Wednesday nights.

Dina Toyoda said...

I meant to say, YOUR blog, sorry!,

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels