Tuesday, May 7

Kindness Transcending Rivalry ............5/7/13

    In no way am I a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers.  I'm a life-long fan of the San Francisco Giants.  More importantly, I am a greater fan of kindness, love, generosity of heart and resources, regardless of the uniform a person wears.

    The following clip gives me hope for mankind.  Keep in mind, this Dodger player's actions took place in the Giant's ballpark, this past weekend.  May it touch you as it did me.  The kindness Mr. Kemp demonstrates in the video below goes beyond team rivalry.  I give all
credit to this player.  May his tribe increase, regardless of the team he represents!

My Gratitudes: 
1. I thankful for the caring moment captured on the video featured today.  An incident like this reveals mankind at its best.
2. It is heartening seeing a  major league sports figure respond kindly to the disabled young man.
3. It nice seeing, that even in an opponents yard, Matt Kemp responded warmly, and dare I say it, lovingly toward a young man, I'm sure the fan will always remember Mr. Kemp's kindness.

      I've never, in all my years seen a professional player of any sport give---on the field---to a fan like Mr. Kemp.  My heart is warmed, there's a smile in my eyes and a joy I feel while witnessing his actions.   And for that, I have an Attitude of Gratitude. 

1 comment:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

WOW! That was a beautiful video clip! Thanks for sharing that with us all! Selfless, quiet, and exceptional kindness is always moving!

On this cool Tuesday evening, I am Grateful...

1. That I'm slowing down(in a good way) at work, in my engaging with customer and potential customer chef's. I'm taking time to listen to their interests and concerns, share useful information about our seafood, and generally get to know them better. Maybe that comes with time and confidence.

2. That I could meet with wise and committed friends tonight to discuss Interfaith collaboration in terms of forming a Peace Council and helping to organize a Peace Forum connected to the U.N. International Day of Peace in early September.

3. That we have our annual spring BBQ at work, on the loading dock tomorrow around noon.

4. That I can bring my wife to Kaiser for her procedure tomorrow, and that while we can hope for the best outcome, we know it's in God's Hands and that we have to let it go.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels