Thursday, September 11

Boundaries. Critical for Mental Health.... 9/11/14

       Boundaries.  They are a sanity saver and joy producer. I do not have boundaries for others to adhere to.  I have them so that I adhere to them.

        Without boundaries, life is
chaotic. Without them, my life would run by the whims of others.
 Without them, I would not have
dignity. I encourage friends and clients to create their must haves and can't stands regarding relationships. How can you know if someone has crossed your values, if you never created a list of your boundaries?

*****

       Floating, thrilled, I am.  Today fulfilled my need for adventure, growth, vision and celebrating life.  I even took a two hour nap before attending a business meeting this evening.  Life is great.

       I eagerly look forward to Saturday. The best day of the entire month will take place then.  I think.
If not careful, I could be overwhelmed. Plenty is happening to the innkeeper, most all of it, good.

My Gratitudes: 
1.  I rested.  I can't thrive if I don't sleep properly.
2.  I learned so many excellent things from tonight's business meeting.  A key need of mine is balance. Those attending tonight's meeting helped to ground me, reminding me of this need.  I am grateful for seeing my limitations.  Seeing them helps my perspective, providing the clarity and peace of mind I need to thrive.  Tonight's meeting provided that for me.
3.  I will sleep in tomorrow. Later in the morning, I will spend time with a good friend, Stuart.

            That's it for tonight. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels